Lava Solder-Free Pedalboard Kit

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jeremy A, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Jeremy A

Jeremy A Member

I want to buy this kit, but I would need 2 extra plugs. What is the difference between the black/gold plugs and the nickle plugs? On the lava website, the kit with black/gold plugs is $114, but at guitar center the kit is $90, but idk which plugs it comes with. Can someone help me out here? Thanks!

2. giantrobotswinbig

giantrobotswinbig Member

Allegedly, the gold plugs have better sound quality, but I couldn't tell you the scientific reason behind it.

I looked at the picture on guitarcenter.com, and the plugs looked like the nickel plugs, not the gold plugs.

To get the best answer to these questions, email customer service at Lava Cable, and they can probably help you out.

3. munizfire

munizfire Member

Gold is amongst the best conductors...

nickel? Meh

4. swellguy66

swellguy66 Member

You can buy as many separate plugs as you need. They're like $7 each.

5. Jeremy A

Jeremy A Member

Some people say the there is no difference in tone between the gold/black and the nickel plugs, and some do. Is there really a difference?

6. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

Gold is a slightly a better conductor than nickel. Gold plating costs more more, therefore the retail price is higher. Difference is mostly asthetic.

You can purchase plugs invidually on same page as kits....just scroll down slowly.

7. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

Lava cables rule. Love em.