• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Lava Solder-Free Pedalboard Kit

Jeremy A

I want to buy this kit, but I would need 2 extra plugs. What is the difference between the black/gold plugs and the nickle plugs? On the lava website, the kit with black/gold plugs is $114, but at guitar center the kit is $90, but idk which plugs it comes with. Can someone help me out here? Thanks!

Allegedly, the gold plugs have better sound quality, but I couldn't tell you the scientific reason behind it.

I looked at the picture on guitarcenter.com, and the plugs looked like the nickel plugs, not the gold plugs.

To get the best answer to these questions, email customer service at Lava Cable, and they can probably help you out.

Jeremy A

Some people say the there is no difference in tone between the gold/black and the nickel plugs, and some do. Is there really a difference?

LavaMan

Gold is a slightly a better conductor than nickel. Gold plating costs more more, therefore the retail price is higher. Difference is mostly asthetic.

You can purchase plugs invidually on same page as kits....just scroll down slowly.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom