Lava Solderless vs Chandler Clearfuse

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bo13bo, Jan 25, 2015.

1. bo13bo

bo13bo Member

Seems to be very little info on Chandler Clearfuse on the web, looks to be nearly the same as Lava Solderless. Although cable assembly seems to be a tad easier.

Anyone here have more info?

2. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Only facts.

Mammoth sent our mini ELC plug overseas and knocked it off. Same assembly. Ours in made by G&H in Pennsylvania.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  3. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Which would you suggest between the mini ELC and the Tightrope? I've looked at the chandlers, but thought they were a lot like the ELC, which I seem to have heard better reliability from the tightrope system than the ELC, so wondering your opinion on this

4. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Well I don't want to get into sales here out of respect for the rules. I'm currently using the Tightrope and mini Soldered myself.

5. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

ok, fair enough, was leaning towards the tightrope anyways. Thanks

6. bo13bo

bo13bo Member

I already have some Lava Solderless with MiniElc, can I assemble like the video above? Seemed like they pushed the entire outer braid all the way back and then just shoved the metal sleeve on. I was under the impression with the Lavas you had to push the braid all the way through the metal sleeve and then smooth the remaining braid still showing over the lip of the metal sleeve the opposite direction.

7. Blakemore

Blakemore Member

8. GuitarToma

GuitarToma Silver Supporting Member

I use Lava solderless with the Ultramafic. They assemble easier than the ELC. I love my solderless patch cables and have never once had an issue with one going bad despite swapping out pedals numerous times.

9. slap_back05

slap_back05 Supporting Member

No, you don't have to run the ground through the ground sleeve. This is a source of so many of Lava's "reliability problems". I figured out long ago that if I just trimmed it back some and twisted it around itself, then slid the grounding sleeve on, I had zero problems making a perfect cable every time.

Lava should update their assembly instructions IMO. Love the Mini ELC though.

10. bo13bo

bo13bo Member

Thanks! I'm gonna have to try that method when I rewire my board in a few weeks.