Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs...

buddyboy

Gold Supporting Member
Personally I think the arrangements have a lot to do with what makes this release more than just another album of love songs.
I agree - more than any of EC's other recorded output, this album features a number of really, truly, great songs, put together masterfully. It's almost like, to me, the solos and things like that are secondary (save for the blues numbers they do, which I find to be kind of "throwaways").

kentronicus

This and the Allman Brothers Band LatFE are as good as it gets,,,
:agreeWHOLEHEARTEDLY

There are so few folks' records (if any) that are as listenable or anywhere near as influential or as historically important. As far as I'm concerned those two are the best, bar none...

cnardone

This album is the reason I play guitar. It is one of my very favorite albums. Along with Hotel California, ABB Live at the Filmore East, and Quadrophenia. If we are going to talk just guitar work, make sure to own SRV's "In Step", and Copeland, Collins, Cray - "Showdown"

alane011

Supporting Member
Favorite album of all time. I actually think singing with Bobby inspired Clapton and I think it's his best vocal period. As a side note - Whitlock's autobiography is a really good read for those interested in more on his life and the relationship with Eric, Delaney/Bonnie etc..

When I found this version of Anyday - I immediately started playing it out. Love it..

Trending Topics