LCPG-187 (Larry Corsa/Peter Green replica LP) Video

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by Burgs, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Burgs

Burgs Member

This arrived on Christmas Eve. What an axe!

I jammed it into a Kustom 72 Coupe's Lead channel with just a touch of gain. The backing track is one of those generic jobs found on a magazine CD years ago.

*http://www.cvguitars.com for more info on these.

*(I am not a paid demonstrator for CV Guitars, I paid full price like everyone else).

2. zerorez

zerorez Supporting Member

Awesome Brett, beautiful axe and tone! :dude

3. Burgs

Burgs Member

Cheers Joe! How was Christmas Day for you guys? Excellent, I hope!!

4. zerorez

zerorez Supporting Member

Thanks Brett, Xmas day was good here out west in the states but the midwest is getting snowed in.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

5. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Larry Corsa does some amazing work with those Greenie replicas. He is a local guy to me and comes to the Philly Guitar Shows. He also owns a few amazing vintage pieces including one of the most amazing 1960 Bursts you will ever see.

Great playing Brett. Tone city...

6. rev156

rev156 Member

That is killer tone, I love it!!!
    BTW, great work on your vids. I look forward to seeing your work.
    Cheers

7. Burgs

Burgs Member

Thanks Todd. Yeah, I've seen a pic of that 1960 Burst. What a pearler! (As we say downunder :love:). I have a friend over here called Steve Jackson, a vintage dealer as well. One day a couple of years of years ago he takes me to his shop's back lounge room and pulls an old Gibson case out from under the couch. "Have a look at this Bretty. A lady brought it in a few weeks ago. She used it in her polka band about 40 years ago. Only played it for a year or two." It was a near mint 60 Burst. A couple of the tuner pegs were starting to disintegrate but other than that it was immaculate. I nearly fell over. I sat there and played it for a half hour and then sadly put it back in its case. I think she bought another house with the proceeds. I thought to myself, 'Oh well, at least I've had the chance to experience one, that's all I can ask.'

But these Fadeds that Larry has put together, man, they are something else. I've just put a hold on 240.. Doh! Can't resist!

Merry Christmas!

8. Burgs

Burgs Member

Thanks Rev! There is something like 180 videos on my channel for you to trawl through if you get bored. :)

Cheers, BK.

9. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

WOW just WOW. Great palying and tone. A friend of mine is friends with Larry and has one in the Lemon color (correct color?). He uses it in his blues band with a 70's Marshall and has killer tone with it. I don't know much about them but have also seen them at the Philly guitars shows. Does he make those Malanishi (sp?) pickups himself?

10. Burgs

Burgs Member

Thanks! The guitar's a killer, that's for sure.

I'm not sure about the Manalishi's. I doubt whether Larry would have the time to wind them himself. He says he "worked for many months with a pickup maker.." There's a link explaining the Manalishi story at http://cvguitars.com/PGMod/Manalishi.html.

I used this axe live for the first time last night in front of a packed and sweat drenched inner city pub in Melbourne (The Espy). I ran it into a tweed DeVille via an Ethos TLE and some delays and man, I was floored. I think the audience knew I was having a good time, too! :JAM

11. makeurmark

makeurmark Member

Hi Brett, I love your chops man. I also love Ethos clip. Really nice tone. Maybe one of these days if I keep on practicing I'll be able to play like you. Do you have your own CD? If you do where can I buy it!! Pls let me know. Anyway, I'm digging your backing track also. If you don't mind I'd like to have a copy of it. I'd like to practice my chops on that kind of tracks. You inspire me, man!!. Thanks in advance.