Least complicated way to set up my PT-2 to incorporate straight into amp AND FX Loop?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by brettmoor, Dec 14, 2011.

1. brettmoor

brettmoor Supporting Member

So here's my situation:

-I have a PT-2 and I'm in the final stages of "pre-production," pretty much have my pedal choices dialed in and the signal path.
    -I'm running a Red Plate Blackverb 1x12 with an effects loop and I want to put the delay in the loop (and maybe the trem..?) and everything else into the front end of the amp.

I'm just wondering the most organized/efficient way of doing this. I've considered a little patch bay like this http://this1smyne.com/shop/mpb-mini-patch-bay/ to run the send/return from the FX loop to the delays on my board and back.

Here's my chain for reference:

-Vibe
    -Lunar Module
    -MP Forest Green Comp
    -Zendrive
    -KOT
    -Volume
    -Tremolo
    -DMMTT
    -Timeline

So what do you guys think? Where should I send the signal from the board into the amp? After volume? I still want to be able to do swells with the volume pedal and delay...And whats the cleanest way I can do the FX loop thing? Thanks friends...

2. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Member

I've been considering something similar lately... and I think a patch bay would be an ideal solution. I already use one on my (under) my board as seen here:

[​IMG]

So, basically, I run in from my guitar, through my board, and out to the amp through the same box. Adding another bay (perhaps on the other side of the board) and utilizing some cabling ninja-ry... I think it'd be pretty easy to run out to the loop and into the front of the amp simultaneously.

And I'd stick the delays and maybe the trem in the loop. Everything else should be fine out front.

3. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Yes, a pedalboard/patchbay is the best and cleanest way to do the intended.

A pedalboard interface for the "Guitar In"/pedalboard send. Then a pedalboard return/amp out. Effects loop send/return. You would need a larger enclosure than the MXR sized enclosures. The Hammond 1590N1 is the next size above the MXR size enclosure. It can accommodate 3 jacks on each size w/ some room to spare. This1smyne used to build them, don't know if Dan is still building them, with his restructuring. Casey Hanson could also build them for you, contact him @ Fallout-labs.com

4. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

you can buy those 1/4 locking jacks (nutrix??) female-female (not soldered)
    mount them in the back...

this isnt a patch bay, just a neat clean way to runcables...plug first and last pedal in loop chain into the jacks (under the board) and run cables from the back of your pt 2 to your amps send/return

you can do the same for infront of amp pedals...guitar to input jack, input jack to 1rst pedal, last pedal to output jack to amp

5. bennettcab

bennettcab Member

Any idea what size of project box your patchbay is? Is it attached to the "slats" or (boxed) frame? I'm interested in doing something similar. Thanks.

6. Whiskey N Beans

Whiskey N Beans Member

Not sure about the size of these. But I had a T1M 4 i/o patch bay that cost about $35 (and a one-week wait), that would velcro under a PTJr. It was the size of a malekko omnicron. Just sold it here in the emporium. Loop-Master and T1M make an 8 i/o box that would allow ins and outs for both the amp/guitar and FX send/return loops. Thats's what you need.

7. strat56

strat56 Supporting Member

8. Steve73

Steve73 Member

+1

This is what I use and it's great. One cable back to the amp with all your channels (FX send, FX return, amp in) contained in it. It saves me so much time in setup and strike time.