Least efficient 12" speakers.

TEPR

Searched and didn't find any great info.
What 12" options out there are as or less efficient than the Jensen MODs?

Open to any/all tones and manufacturers. Preferably 30+ watt handling.

michael.e

I am running a pair of 40 watt Jensen P12Q's with my Sommatone Roaring 40. I would have never thought to run these with a decidedly British amp but they sound spectacular. Something about being able to crank the amp harder and the alnico. I think these are 94 or 95 db? The clean tones are beautiful as well.

sickboy79

I also have Jensen 40w P12Qs in a early 80s Rivera era Fender 4x12 mixed with the original Fender blue label speakers. They sound fantastic, especially when broken in.

Hard to beat a Greenback as well.

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
Find a mid to late 1960's CTS ceramic with a medium size magnet. They're quite inefficient and usually inexpensive.

I believe Gibson used them in the last version of the GA-19RVT Falcon.

Rumble5

The light magnet 65-watt Weber Legacies I have in my '66 Pro Reverb are supposedly about 94 dB. The nice thing about Webers is that they'll build them to your specs.

zenas

Outside of maybe something from Weber I can't think of anything new rated over 30 watts that's very inefficient.
Something around 90dbs with little to no speaker breakup that'll handle a Twin Reverb, would be nice.

TEPR

Thanks for all the responses, guys. Plenty suggestions here that I wasn't aware of.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom