• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

least expensive dumble in a box?

guitarman3001

After making the other dumble pedal thread, even though to me alot of the D pedals sound like TS style pedals based on youtube vids, my curiosity has gotten the better of me and I've decided to try one for myself. I dont need to spend a ton for what will just be something to satisfy my own curiosity so I'm looking for something cheap. What would you recommend?

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Mooer RumbleDrive
HoTone Grass Drive

Edited to add: ^ Both those are under $100

But, the next "step up" would probably be the Simble and I think it's worth it, find a used one.

After that it starts getting expensive and I really think the Van Weelden Royal OD is the best of the bunch. It sounds like a $5000 amp on your pedalboard.

timmy2tone

There is a YouTube video where they compare several Zendrives and clones. One is the Mooer Rumble Drive. I know YouTube sound is compressed, but they are all in the same ballpark. Start with Mooer, if you find that is the sound you want and want for a long time, consider the investment to step up.

kurt1981

Silver Supporting Member
the CBC drive is great, I had it alongside an actual zen and couldn't tell them apart, for what that's worth. I think an often overlooked portion of the"dumble" tone is the amp being used, you run a zendrive into a marshall, or other british amp, you get a completely differen tone than what we typically associate with dumble. Take Brad paisley, his zendrive into DR. Z tone is way different than Robben ford's zen into a super rverb. Just my observations,
Kurt

Tmidiman

Mooer RumbleDrive
HoTone Grass Drive

Edited to add: ^ Both those are under $100

But, the next "step up" would probably be the Simble and I think it's worth it, find a used one.

After that it starts getting expensive and I really think the Van Weelden Royal OD is the best of the bunch. It sounds like a $5000 amp on your pedalboard.
+1 on the HoTone Grass. I was pretty amaze with the tone I got out of it.

ERGExplorer

The Joyo Ultimate Drive was claimed by many TGP members with golden ears to be the ultimate Dumble pedal... at least when it was gooped and sold as the Freekish Blues Alpha drive.

Available for less than $30.

Last edited:

DRS

Simbles are $189 usd.
I picked one up new for $209 CDN shipped which is $168 USD. Good deal.

MickeyJi

+1 on the HoTone Grass. I was pretty amaze with the tone I got out of it.
I agree! This tiny green box sounds really, really good!

Maybe the sound is just that tiny little bit rougher around the edges than your average D-Style pedal - which is a good thing IMO.

Teleman76

Tubes-a-glowin
Gold Supporting Member
the CBC drive is great, I had it alongside an actual zen and couldn't tell them apart, for what that's worth. I think an often overlooked portion of the"dumble" tone is the amp being used, you run a zendrive into a marshall, or other british amp, you get a completely differen tone than what we typically associate with dumble. Take Brad paisley, his zendrive into DR. Z tone is way different than Robben ford's zen into a super rverb. Just my observations,
Kurt
Great post Kurt. Exactly this!

Trending Topics