Least tone-sucking rack noise gate for guitar amps?

Sherwood

I'm considering the Hush Ultra (because i can remotely by-pass it for cleans) or the Decimator Pro.

Your thoughts from actual experimenting those units?

Sherwood

I had a Decimator G String pedal and it KILLED my clean tones. I couldn't justify doing that to a great tube amp so i sold the pedal and am doing my best to deal with the hiss.

Is the rack unit any better?

kowalski440

Silver Supporting Member
Good luck with that.
I couldn't find a single noise gate that DIDN'T mess with my tone so I stopped using them. Turns out I didn't need them anyhow. I needed to find better gear and did.

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
Sorry, it was a while ago, and I don't remember the details. I tried a bunch of different settings though.
In my big rack I used two of them....I gated the guitar input to the rack...the pre-amp output....and the final stereo output. I should say 'potentially gated' because I only pulled out all those stops if noise was an issue.

superdave2001

Gold Supporting Member
Why don't you consider the new TC Electronic Sentry pedal, and just fix it to the inside of your rack? That thing seems to be really great.

littleb

Silver Supporting Member
I use two rockman smart gates.Zero tone suck.My rig is fairly quiet so theyre hardly used though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom