LED Wiring Guidance for Single Button FSwitch

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by lpaul626, Sep 13, 2008.

1. lpaul626

lpaul626 Silver Supporting Member

I'd like to add an LED to my Budda single button footswitch (not sure why it's not part of the design to begin with). I've done this with a Peavey two button before with no hassle with specific guidance for the switch. Can anyone tell me how the single button should be wired?

Thanks in advance!

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m60/mikjwilli/DSC00142.jpg

2. phsyconoodler

phsyconoodler Member

What does that footswitch operate?If it's a channel switching device,you need to know what relay or vactrol or op-amp,etc that it uses.If it's just a passive reverb or trem swith,you need to add a battery power source to the switch box.
    There several ways to do it.

3. lpaul626

Sorry . . . it's a channel switch.

4. phsyconoodler

phsyconoodler Member

Ok,it may use a relay to switch channels and in that case you need to remove the positive(red) wire from the switch on the pedal and wire the negative wire of the LED to that pole.Then wire the plus side of the switch to the plus side of the LED.The current goes through the LED to ground.The relay inside the amp sees the ground signal and the relay switches.If the LED is super bright,it may need a 470ohm resistor inline.
    I have no way of knowing how your amp switches channels,so that's as close as I can get.Either way you cannot harm anything by wiring it that way.However,that light doesn't look like an LED??

5. lpaul626

Thanks! I bought the light at Radio Shack. It's marked as "LED" on the package. It's also what I used for my Peavey switch.