• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Led Zep Seattle 77

huw

I recommend using the search term “Badgeholder Blues” on some of the better Zep forums.

I’m just sayin’...

;)

Ziggy0013

Saw them in 1970 touring 2nd album at the LA Forum. One of the best concerts ever. Played all of 1st lp and most of 2nd.

mos6507

There was a time Zeppelin collectors had NO pro shots. The Earls Court 75 shows, Knebworth 79 shows and the Seattle 77 video were Holy Grails. Now - anyone with an internet connection can get them :)

This. I got into Zep in the mid 80s and fans fantasized about pro shot video like the above. There was blurry VHS bootleg video of stuff like the Supershow and RAH 1970 and the Live Aid and Atlantic reunions and some random Super 8 footage and that was it. The official DVD quenched much of the thirst and Youtube the rest. I just wish all that stuff had come out when I was younger and more passionate about the band.

Jp2558

I recommend using the search term “Badgeholder Blues” on some of the better Zep forums.

I’m just sayin’...

;)

So I Googled "Badgeholder Blues" and found my self down a rabbit hole last night. It led me to the official Zep web page and I found the page linked to the 77 show I attended in Detroit, but couldn't hear it clearly due to the echo in the massive Pontiac Silveradome. There were several reviews and recollections of that night, many which brought back some fond memories. However the most rewarding of all was finding a link to a YouTube containing the audio of the entire show. It was recommended to listen to it with 'bootleg ears', and today I did just that. The quality was much better than I expected for an almost 44 year old recording. And now I can finally say I heard the concert as it was intended to be heard. And it was an amazing show performance wise, with many online placing it in the top ten of the entire tour. And FYI, this Detroit show is aka Hot Rods in Pontiac.

HeyMrTeleMan

Colonel of Truth
And after the show, they would enjoy some fishing, right out of their hotel room!

Then later, the mud(shark) really hits the fan, as history reveals.

Crazy kids.
(It's likely) they stuck their little poles out (the) window (to) perhaps catch a fish...

Cliffhydro

Silver Supporting Member
So I Googled "Badgeholder Blues" and found my self down a rabbit hole last night. It led me to the official Zep web page and I found the page linked to the 77 show I attended in Detroit, but couldn't hear it clearly due to the echo in the massive Pontiac Silveradome. There were several reviews and recollections of that night, many which brought back some fond memories. However the most rewarding of all was finding a link to a YouTube containing the audio of the entire show. It was recommended to listen to it with 'bootleg ears', and today I did just that. The quality was much better than I expected for an almost 44 year old recording. And now I can finally say I heard the concert as it was intended to be heard. And it was an amazing show performance wise, with many online placing it in the top ten of the entire tour. And FYI, this Detroit show is aka Hot Rods in Pontiac.

You’re close. But not quite there. Try this:

Reactions: huw

Trending Topics

Top Bottom