Lee Dickson's firing situation with Clapton

Status
Not open for further replies.

heather3rwr

I know Lee, who is a really nice guy, and while I was playing a gig at the House of Blues in Vegas, shortly after his firing, where he was teching, he brought the situation up. My recollection was it had to do with him reselling a guitar that he had purchased from EC and EC was pissed about it. It happened after EC chose sobriety leaving him quite moody at times. I know a few of ECs close friends and they had a similar feeling on his mood changes. WE refer to that as a "dry drunk" state of mind where an alcoholic, after so many years of adopting a personality affected by a drunk state of mind, has changed to a "life on life's terms" reality and they may drift away from the true essence of the program that helped them get sober and live a more normal life. The "alcoholic mind", unless you have lived it, is not understood by most. Bottom line, under those circumstances it is difficult to pass blame on either party because as wrong and disrespectful as Clapton may have been it was a life or death choice for him to stay sober. In the end the fact that EC is so wealthy and famous he never really hit a bottom where one loses everything. Until one rids himself of his alcoholic ego and exchanges it for a life of humility he never really get's over the illness...

RhytmEarl

Well, here's something that isn't hearsay and conjecture. Clapton's collaboration with Van Morrison on an anti lockdown song.

I've said many many times here that Clapton is my guitar hero. His personal life, well, no comment. Gawd, what a disappointment.

Average Joe

Dickson's tenure w Clapton ended long after the latter's sobriety so whatever the reason it wasn't EC's alleged moodiness.

Jon C

Gold Supporting Member
Well, here's something that isn't hearsay and conjecture. Clapton's collaboration with Van Morrison on an anti lockdown song.

I've said many many times here that Clapton is my guitar hero. His personal life, well, no comment. Gawd, what a disappointment.
I didn’t realize he joined Van’s looney bin parade in the most recent lockdown fiasco... ffs. :facepalm :messedup

JPH118

I remember reading his book and thinking it odd that he didn’t even mention Lee once after having worked with him for so long, but another thing the book conveyed was Eric’s difficulty with expressing emotion and human connection throughout his life (outside of his music)... Lee may have been a longtime employee, but it was just that, an employment to do a job, and for whatever reason, the employer chose to end it. That’s really all.

for what it’s worth, when I saw the two together circa ‘99-00, it was all business and not much else.

keithkeb

I agree.

I have noticed that one member likes to scold and shame posters who don't fit his criteria for posting.
Only one ?

I Same here, but I have often that knowing him would likely break the spell. He has had lots of foibles; as have we all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics