Lefties, lefties, lefties?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by ed84246, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ed84246

ed84246 Member

I'm planning for this year in the event the big job comes through in the next couple of months. My dream is to get a lefty Van Halen or George Lynch guitar. I've seen a used lefty ESP tiger on ebay, but didn't have the cash at the time. Anyone know if they're making them lefty at the factory. Same goes for Charvel- would love to get the EVH art series VH II blakc and yellow guitar, or even just a San Dimas - anyone know if they'll do lefties?

And finally - I heard a rumor PRS might be offering some models lefty again - cany anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks - it's tough out there for us lefties these days, but thank goodness for John Suhr, Tom Anderson and Taylor. (Gibson and Martin to a limited extent and IMO, Fender to an even less limited extent).

2. daveS

daveS lefty dude on hiatus Gold Supporting Member

Between the San Andreas and Calaveras Faults

Really ! ! ? ? Where'd you hear that ?

3. Sub City

Sub City Supporting Member

Private Stock only, but I guess it's always worth a phone call to PRS to see if they'd reconsider regular production for Lefties.

4. SouthpawGuy

SouthpawGuy Member

5. sharbono

sharbono Supporting Member

I too am lefty. Have you guys ever considered learning to play righty? Wouldn't it be so great to have options and vintage gear more accessible?

I am bummed that it is even hard to buy new gear...and that certain models are not available to us...you know?

6. jkslee

jkslee Member

I've tried switching to righty... it just didn't work or I didn't have the patience to relearn...

7. cugel

cugel Member

there is nothing as difficult as finding a decent lefty. i had a nice body and neck made (usacg), bought sweet parts (lollar, callaham, sperzel), the guy i sent it to to finish in shoreline gold stole the f'er and has dropped off the face of the earth. i cant find a trace of him. i give up

8. mattwasserman

mattwasserman Member

Hey man keep it lefty! Just be more patient and keep your eyes open on the web. I've seen plenty of nice vintage guitars on ebay for lefties but they don't show up everyday. Either way the music is always more important that the gear so let those righty's keep their axes.

I have thought about getting a righty double cut-away before and buying a new nut to flip the strings around, just dont want to damage a nice guitar trying. Anyone done it before?

9. candh

candh Member

Here's my personal piece of heaven. :AOK

taniguchi-gakki.com

10. djinn1973

djinn1973 Member

first time I came across that site I almost cried....

11. cpsdawg

cpsdawg Member

i'm a lefty and played for 27 yrs. the key is PATIENCE. i've managed to get a good collection of GREAT lefties, but they are few and far between. AND like righties, not all that you find are good playing guitars. yrs ago i had good luck at the old rhythm city in atlanta before GC bought them out. bought several off the web that are fantastic guitars. southpaw guitars has a lot of inventory, but i've never bought a guitar from them. keep an eye on ebay, they pop up, but again be patient and have funds available. good luck , chris.

12. daveS

daveS lefty dude on hiatus Gold Supporting Member

Between the San Andreas and Calaveras Faults
  13. NickZ

NickZ Member

Being a leftie - I feel your pain...

I have managed over the years to get a few nice strats and am waiting on a G&L bluesboy. I also have discovered Carvin's stuff and they do make a really nice guitar - I have a couple of their CT models (a 3 and a 6) and have built and played a bolt kit that was awesome for the amount they charge for it.

Nick

14. mikethedigimon

mikethedigimon Member

Oh man. :drool
    So will they ship to the US?

15. Schroeder

Schroeder Gold Supporting Member

There are small custom guys building them too!! :D

16. candh

candh Member

Not directly.....;)

17. pbone

pbone Member

Sucks that PRS doesn't make lefties, I'd hit a CE 22 Goldtop in a second. I'm gonna go with a Gibson 335 instead I GUESS UHGGGGGGGGGGG

18. EMG78

EMG78 Member

Jerry's Lefty Guitars in FL has a great selection of left handed acoustics and electrics. Duesenberg, Collings, Santa Cruz, Heritage just to name a few. Jerry is great to work with.

19. whitehall

whitehall Member

I've never had any problems. Way more lefty guitars now then when I started. When your ready for that Lynch let me know, I usually know someone who has one of those .