Lehle Dual... Ground Lift?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rastaman, Mar 23, 2008.

1. rastaman

rastaman Member

It appears that the Lehle switchers (dual in particular) don't have ground lifts. Are they silent from loops and hums from the iso transformers alone? Or do they need a ground lift?

2. MattHahn

MattHahn Senior Member

the transformer is doing the job, and the lehle┬┤s do it very well btw.have fun

3. shikawkee

shikawkee Mad King Edmund Gold Supporting Member

If I remember my Lehle has ground on only one channel, channel "b" I think.

(Or at least that's what my tech told me one time. If I run only one channel it's that channel.)

4. rastaman

rastaman Member

Thanks, I plan on running a clean, dirty ABY. I'll usually be playing just one amp at a time.

5. Burkhardl

Burkhardl Member

Hi Rastaman,

I f you want to toggle between your amps and not run both amps simultaneously you could use a Little Lehle. This Switcher switches apart from the signal also the grounds of both amps. Through this feature you can't get any hum-loop.
    To ABY (Y- stands normally for both amps simultaneously) your amps you can use the Little Dual or the Dual SGoS which have both now a phase-reverse and a ground switches.
    Only the old style Dual has a ground switch which is located inside the box. You have to open the top to switch it.

All the best
    Burkhard

6. rastaman

rastaman Member

Thanks Burkhard,

I do plan on running 2 at the same time, I haven't had any issues yet but it's good to know there is a switch inside (I do have the older version).