Lehle P-Split

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Teahead, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Teahead

Teahead Member

Searched, but can find few specifics about this passive splitter. I'm curious where it's intended to be used in the chain? Apparently it is "ideal for the galvanic isolation of high-impedance signals" but I am unsure what that means?

Would it be best suited to being first in line, or after a buffer? Also, if first in line, will it change how a fuzz face sounds and cleans up in response to volume changes from the guitar?

Many thanks.

2. MattHahn

MattHahn Senior Member

you can use it anywhere in the chain, its just a very high-end splitter...
    what are you going to use it for?

3. Teahead

Teahead Member

I'd like to run two amps sometimes, possibly even running seperate effects chains to each. I'm not concerned with switching right now, but might upgrade to the little dual in the future if I find I need that.

4. SkipTracer

SkipTracer Member

I had one. Great little box and passive (no power supply needed). I used it to run two amps at the same time. No ground loops, totally transparent, worked great. Don't know whether it affects fuzzes when placed before them though.

5. MattHahn

MattHahn Senior Member

yep, i have one too and its a great box.
    Lehles stuff is top notch.
    I have just made a short test with one of his transformers hooked up before a ge fuzzface and in my case it works as it should.

You dont loose the important connection between your pups and the pedals front end because the transformer in there just acts as a mirror for the signal.

hope that helps.

6. Teahead

Teahead Member

Excellent help, many thanks guys. :BEER

I think I'll pick one up and give it a try.

7. dorfmeister

dorfmeister Member

I just bought one of these to split my signal into two signals and then into an Apogee Duet.