Lehle Switchers???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by markom89, May 17, 2008.

1. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Anyone own/try these things?
    They look phenomenal...
    Extremely well built and the design philosophy is fairly simple (compared to something like the tonebone stuff) yet so functional and great.
    I'd really like one, but would like to hear more about them first.
    They're quite pricey for a looper, but seem very nice- I really like how you can program them.
    It's the D.Loop SGoS and Dual SGoS that I'm most interested in.
    Thanks in advance.

Marko

2. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

They look great and Im sure they are well made but I can't bring myself to drop that kind of grit on a switcher...

3. doublee

doublee Member

In fact the Tonebone is much more intuitive and is every bit as good if not more. Doesnt look as good but its the same thing minus "midi', whatever that is...also Lehle has THE most opaque instructions, it took me 1/2 a day to get it to work whereas the Tonebone took 5 minutes. I A/B'd both extensively and kept the 'Bone...

4. johnspeck

johnspeck Member

lehle dual's are the a/b/y's i see most on pro tour pedalboards.

5. meterman

meterman Member

I just picked up a used old-style Dual (not the SGoS) on the Emporium and I'm real impressed with it. Was previously using a Startouch ABY which is not bad, little bit of pop from the mechanical switches. The Lehle is dead quiet, solid, big bright LEDs, and sounded slightly better in a quick A/B test with the Startouch.

6. OOG

OOG Member

just do it Marko

7. shakti

shakti Member

Lehle is the best in class, simple as that. Their latest generation of switchers are absolutely incredible, I have a 1at3 SGoS, but will probably replace it with a Dual SGoS for stereo operation.

I agree that the instructions can be a little opaque, but once you get the hang of it, they are very easy to use. They have a *lot* of features which opens up a lot of possibilities, but you can also use them very simply and straight ahead, and the tonal quality is just stellar.

8. Burkhardl

Burkhardl Member

Hi Marko,

thanks very much for your kind interest in my Switchers!

You wrote that you are most inetrested in the Dual and D.Loop SGoS. I have a small video on my website which shows how to use and how to program and network them: http://www.lehle.com/video/SGoS-320x180-en.wmv
    Regarding my "opaque" manuals: I'm aware of this and there is room to improve them ....
    I'm working on new manuals with a better structure and I will have for every product in the near future a small video, which will show the basic features.

All the best
    Burkhard

9. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

I have a 3@1 and a Little Lehle and they are great. In addition I got super customer service from Mr. Lehle when I had a spotty switch on the 3@1, which I bought used: I sent him a question and he sent me a new set of switches in return.

I highly recommend them.

Jon

10. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Thanks a bunch, guys!

Burkhard, thank you very much for chiming in! It's a fine product you make, indeed ;) I've watched the video! Very nice and informative 10 minute video. I wish more builders did that.

I'm pretty set on the D.Loop SGoS now, just wanted to hear your guys thoughts on the switchers as I hadn't read much of them...

11. cray2008

cray2008 Member

Lehle has Gold Relays-nuff said

12. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

13. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I was gonna go with the Framptone bacause it allows for the amps to be out of phase. How big of an issue is this???

14. MattHahn

MattHahn Senior Member

if you are looking for the most high quality product you can buy the Lehles are the thing for you.I have my ABY for many many years and it never let me down.From the enclosures to the switches to the custom in-house manufacured transformers Burkhard uses the very best parts just for your tone..Go for it!

15. blueswah

blueswah Silver Supporting Member

pretty funny logging in and seeing this... I was going to do a search and see what's been posted about this lehle!

16. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

I use a pair of 1@3s they work great never a problem in the years I have had them. Bonamassa uses them too.

17. shakti

shakti Member

Depends on the amps. If they are indeed out of phase, it will sound very odd and weak. Try daisy-chaining the two channels on a blackface Fender and you'll see. If the amps you're running in tandem *aren't* out of phase, it's not an issue at all.

The Lehle Dual allows for phase reversal. Do not use the Framptone...I've written about it before, but it sucks more tone than anything I've touched...

18. johnh

johnh Silver Supporting Member

I put off buying a Lehle for a year or so, but after going through a couple of other boxes I decided to break the bank for a Dual, and I've never looked back. If something happened mine, or it was stolen, I wouldn't even look at anything else now, I'd simply grit my teeth and get another Lehle.

Yes it's a lot of money, and no I haven't tried the Tonebone, which I'm sure is comparable, but I'd sure recommend the Lehle to anyone.

19. benjammin

benjammin Member

So, what exactly makes the Lehle superior to any run-of-the-mill A/B/Y from Loooper or Loop-Master? Is this a cork sniffing thing or does it really make a difference?

20. MattHahn

MattHahn Senior Member

its a completely different beast to ALL the others on the market, Lehle uses his own switches wich are really good, he uses his own cases and makes his own state of the art transformer..all that and a really good workmanship.

Nearly all available ABY┬┤s instead of the Lehles share a single ground connection where the Lehle is transformer isolated, and in my opinion thats a must.
    Hum doesnt even have a chance..

For sure these transformers for example come at a cost, you even can not buy a single transformer for the money you can buy a simple aby box from the numerous "looper" manufacturers..

That said i dont have any experience with his new D.Loop pedals but i know they are as solid built as the ABY and programmable, remote controllable ect.