• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Lennon or McCartney??

Lennon or McCartney?

• Lennon

• McCartney

Results are only viewable after voting.

JeffD

Very slow but persistent
More than the sum of their parts. Can't choose, because either choice diminishes what they did together.

dantedayjob

McCartney... he was the most musically talented of the band, his songs tended to be more straight-forward and timeless (not always, just a generality), his voice tended to be more versatile... Lennon sometimes comes across as trying to be weird for weird's sake, and that can get a little old... I think Lennon pushed McCartney's creativity and McCartney tempered Lennon's weirdness...

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
Well, with Lennon being dead and all, McCartney would clearly have the advantage in an arm wrestling match, so...

-Austin

Bix

Man I just love the Beatles. I can't imagine a world where John and Paul aren't considered among the very best song writing duos. I prefer Lennon for his edginess and thought provoking songs, while I see McCartney as having a PhD in melody. It's really the perfect combination which shows in their music, just timeless.

Bix

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Another vote for "I'm not voting."

fenderball

Silver Supporting Member
i like what lennon was "about" much more than mccartney, but i think mccartney = more talented...

non voter

StratManKudzu

I like both equally, but the catalogue for McCartney makes me choose him, if John had more time to write I'd never be able to choose, so i would assume.

Trending Topics