Lenny Kravitz 'Circus'

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by HurricaneJesus, Feb 27, 2012.

1. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Dusted this one off the other day. It didn't blow up like the ones before or after but I'd forgotten how many strong tunes were on this. Plus his touring band was HITTIN' (not sure if he uses the same guys and girl now).

2. whsdhs1

whsdhs1 Supporting Member

Good album. I like his sound and mix of rock, funk, and soul. I have enjoyed most of his albums. There have been some misses though.

3. rspencer

rspencer Member

I remember putting it on, hearing "Rock & Roll Is Dead" blasting out of the speakers, and thinking that was one of the best Led Zep songs that Led Zep didn't do (like "Barracuda").

4. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

TOO FUNNY!!!!

I put this in my work truck last week and was knocked out...never listened to it to be honest but wow, what a kool album!

5. Sal

Sal Member

To me Lenny's seems to have themes - "Let Love Rule" is his Beatles album, "5" is his funk album, and "Circus" is his Zep album. Funny how he sounds more like Zeppelin than a million 80s hair band ripoffs - I think because the drum sound is less processed than his 80s counterparts.

Check out the drums on this one, just massive!

6. Smakutus

Smakutus Member

That whole album is good.. I always used to put the song Circus on my car tapes back then..

Jeff