• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Lenny Kravitz - Craig Ross

JCM 800

Been watching some Kravitz YouTube this morning. Damn, Craig Ross is a killer guitarist who flies under the radar. Always dig his playing. There is a reason he is the only guitar player Lenny works with for all these years.

Here's a solo where he lays it all down... I saw this tour and it was so good.

Last edited:

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
He's just a beast. Huge sound. Super humble guy. Loads and loads of musicianship. What's not to like!?

Nebakanezer

World’s Okayest Guitar Player
Gold Supporting Member
When I went to the GnR show this year, I was probably a little more excited to see Lenny opening the show! I wished they'd played longer though.......

soulohio

Craig really does not fly under anybody's radar
if you got your nose to the hollywood-la wheel
the reason that he is not wider known
is that he hitched his wagon to a music cultural posuer
Lenny is psychadelia like my stinkhole grows roses
i like lenny
but confusing what he does for any music movement
more authentic
than just pop music smaltz
is a mistake

JCM 800

i like lenny
more authentic
is a mistake
Ummmm not sure what that says but whatever you are smoking.... puff puff and pass it over.

fenderball

Silver Supporting Member
i was leaning against the stage when i saw them, right in front of Craig Ross in a club some time ago...it was clear that Lenny was a star and Craig (who I had no idea who he was at the time) was an awesome player....i came away deaf and amazed!

chrisjw5

i like lenny
more authentic
is a mistake
Are you OK? your posts have descended into gibberish in the last few weeks and I'm genuinely concerned.

jcs

Craig has a guaranteed check with Lenny.

LOTS of folks criticize Lenny Kravitz....hip hoppers don't like him, rockers think he's fake....I don't know....Lenny is talented and a sort of fasionista.

The way Lenny can mix Beatles with Zep riffs is pretty cool...there is SO much white boy pop influence on Lenny...he's not really bluesy.

Still....there is something Lenny has that is SORELY missing in todays pop world....those Silverface Fender amps for one!

Che_Guitarra

Was just listening to "Are You Gonna Go My Way"... a killer album. Even the b-sides that didn't make the album are top notch.

I agree - Craig Ross is a guitar playing beast. He's ridden the fame wave perfectly - seen and done everything there is to do in rock n roll, significant contribution to a bunch of iconic songs, yet incognito enough that he could get about his day without being relentlessly pestered.

harmonicator

Are you OK? your posts have descended into gibberish in the last few weeks and I'm genuinely concerned.
soulohio is like the opposite of a grammar-nazi. 10-4 buddy. I, for one, appreciate the lack of grammar.

as far as lenny, i dig everything but the lyrics.

gmann

Craig has a guaranteed check with Lenny.

LOTS of folks criticize Lenny Kravitz....hip hoppers don't like him, rockers think he's fake....I don't know....Lenny is talented and a sort of fasionista.

The way Lenny can mix Beatles with Zep riffs is pretty cool...there is SO much white boy pop influence on Lenny...he's not really bluesy.

Still....there is something Lenny has that is SORELY missing in todays pop world....those Silverface Fender amps for one!
I wish Lenny would use his road band on his records instead of playing all the instruments himself for the most part. I really, really dig him but Prince he is not.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom