• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Lenny Kravitz performance at Pats vs Jets game

Staticbuster

Well, there is some discussion as to whether he was actually playing or not, but yeah, the D string was definitely broken, at least halfway into "American Woman."

BadHat

Silver Supporting Member
seemed a little wrong to be singing "American Woman get away from me" on Thanksgiving Day.

TTripp

On the plus side, the Jets managed to keep the Pats from scoring during Lenny's "performance".

Cuthbert

Oh I forgot, we have one too for the Pats, "Legendary Child" by Aerosmith, that's a real stinker too. I thought Lenny's performance was really good until I learned it wasn't a real performance....

scottywompas

I don't think any performance at any major sports event is ever live. There are just too many potential issues to deal with. They have to pull out a stage and set it up in a short amount of time. There is no way that they would get the whole thing up and running, mic'd and all.

It's been like this for years. At the most, all the backing tracks are pre recorded and maybe the lead vocal is live but that's about it. Just too many gremlins in the mix for TV.

Scott

dropdee

On the plus side, the Jets managed to keep the Pats from scoring during Lenny's "performance".
Well I'm a Pats fan but damn I wanted a better game! The fumbling was just nuts! They looked like a bunch of clowns.

Who sucks more? Jets, Browns, or Chiefs?

Dumdeediddle

"There are just too many potential issues to deal with. Just too many gremlins in the mix for TV."
I seem to remember plenty of good Live performances on TV when I was a kid. They weren't quakin' in their boots that there could be a "Glitch".
And to think these guys in Milli Vanilli were literally hounded into the grave over it. (one of them). Bye Bye Lenny - Don't need Ya anymore.

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
Well I'm a Pats fan but damn I wanted a better game! The fumbling was just nuts! They looked like a bunch of clowns.

Who sucks more? Jets, Browns, or Chiefs?
Browns and chiefs play soon...but the Jags seem to be the worst this season.

TTripp

And to think these guys in Milli Vanilli were literally hounded into the grave over it. (one of them).
To be fair, it wasn't that Milli Vanilli lip-synced live that was the issue, it was that they didn't even perform on their own albums (or the tracks they lip-synced to).

Last edited:

Trending Topics