Lentz for sale. No info provided

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by otherone, Sep 5, 2019.

1. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

A nice Lentz traditional S type on reverb at decent price. Seller doesn’t know neck thickness, fret size, weight of guitar, neck radius, pickup K measurements. Says he lives in small town and can’t find out information as there is no luthier close by. Is it just me...how are you supposed to buy a high end boutique guitar without seeing it in person or playing it, without this information? A good neck is everything on a guitar. How am I supposed to spend $2k plus without knowing any of this. Weird to say the least. I told him to look at serial number and contact Lentz

2. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

Makes me wonder why he even ended up with it if he has zero idea about the guitar and he’s in a small town. Did someone just give it to him? On the flip side, a legitimate Lentz for that price is sweeet!

3. Shane S

Shane S Member

In your case, this is your answer. Not everyone geeks out about this stuff like many members here do (I am included in the former group).

You can live in a large city and never come across a Lentz in a store. I have lived in Seattle/Portland for 15+ years now and never seen a Lentz at a local music store. I even traveled to Boston, MA for work once and stopped by The Music Emporium to try a Lentz and they did not have one in stock. Like most of us, he most likely learned about Lentz on one of these forums.

Baemer likes this.
  4. iamdavea

iamdavea Silver Supporting Member

Are we talking about the Daphne Blue one? I saw that a few days ago. Frustrating. I'd have to pass.

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel Silver Supporting Member

I Had a Lentz Partscaster I put together for a while. (Gold body Paf size route in the Neck position), There are bodiless necks out there.

6. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

Yes. Daphne blue one. Guy now told me he will contact Lentz. Yes, frustrating cause nice guitar but no info in it

7. openG

openG slidealicious Silver Supporting Member

Yes there are! I've had three and still own two loose Lentz strat necks. I've emailed with Scott about them and they are out there.

8. Teleplayer

Teleplayer New Mods On The Block Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I pinged the seller about 3 hours after it went up for sale on Reverb. No info, no purchase. I walked away.

ford and John Hurtt like this.
  9. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

Sadly some guys just don’t care or even understand what those specs are. I won’t even consider a guitar I can’t touch without the full specs and weight.

10. ford

ford Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I need to know neck size and overall weight.

11. suckamc

suckamc Member

Ask him if the pickups are silent. If they are, I can probably tell you all about it. Or ask him to take a pic of the back of the pups.

And the serial number will be a person's name (possibly mine) in the heel of the neck. I don't know if I'd want this person taking off the neck.

12. billyguitar

billyguitar Member