• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Lentz HSL incoming! Do you know this guitar?

esoteric pete

Silver Supporting Member
As an interesting aside. The guy I'm buying this guitar from recently sold the Goldtop L-90 Croyden that I used to own. That guitar went from Texas to Minneapolis to Toronto and is now out East. I think its with its 4th owner.
my bud slippyknees owns that croyden now. he also bought my humbuckered croyden. hes got TWO croydens! geeze! :omg

im partially responsible for getting 2 local guys hooked on the scotts!

cugel

Silver Supporting Member
naw dont worry, i was in a combine accident as a youth and am scraped clean down there...

you just never hear bad things about lentz' work. if only i could justify buying one

trucks

willhutch said:
Heh heh......

Little do you know that I've owned every model of Lentz guitar. I have a pre-lawsuit strat. I'm getting back into an HSL to keep the strat company. Shoot....maybe I'll get a DL90 while I'm at it!
Careful! Not everyone is ready for a DL-90. ;)

Seriously, congratulations! The is a sweet HSL and thanks for the threads. I enjoyed reading its history.

cycler

Silver Supporting Member
Good luck with your new HSL. She sure is a beauty, and I'm sure she plays and sounds as great as she looks.

boogieman90

you Sir have a fantastic guitar except it is backwards! This pic cost me major $$$ and over a year of time until I got mine. Enjoy.

Kid Tele

glad you found one will! and that sure is one to find!! ill bet its a killer, as all of these are..all of the lentz guitars ive played or owned have all hd this signature lentz "thing" that you can only recognize after you have played a few..a familiar "thang", if you will..

also cool to see my boy "chip" mentioned...chip lives with me now and i cant, for the life of me, figure out why it has gone through NINE people before finding its way here. i cant imagine someone parting with chip...and if i traced its history correctly, im the 10th owner. i actually searched for chip after reading the stories about it and i was thrilled and suprised that i was able to buy this guitar... chip is here to stay. magical guitar.
I was going through some old Lentz threads and was wondering what has become of "Chip". Seems like this guitar is a mini time capsule! Anyone?

bc-cosmo

Zombie thread here, but I too am interested in provenance. I've heard of Chip, but don't believe I've seen a pic.

As for the sunburst crown inlay HSL, I have a twin (if not the same axe?), that came to me from username JD3:

Great guitar!

boogieman90

I have the mirror image of your HSL, a lefty. Tried to sell it on ebay a couple of months ago. Not a nibble. I must be destined to keep it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom