Lentz s type value?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by raildog, Oct 26, 2008.

1. raildog

raildog Member

I just bought a Lentz strat for $2600, I thought it was a really good price, but maybe it was spot on?, what do you think the value of these guitars are? Would it be more or less valuable for being a early one? I saw where a lentz dealer was selling them for 5k which i assume is about $1500 over, what do you guys think?Scott

2. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

I am here as you are here as you are me and we are
    What do I think?
    I think you got a good price on a great guitar, congrats!
    ;)

It's hard to name a market price on a guitar that doesn't sell often.

But I look at this this way in today's market:
    I'd guess a reasonable Lentz S and T asking price anywhere from $3k to $3.5k.
    Anything below $3k is priced to sell, and anything above $3.5k is priced to keep.

And the Super Sound pricing is insane in this market, obviously price to keep, not even close to a realistic asking/selling price. Those prices were realistic a few years ago, but not today. But hey, if you absolutely have to own one today, you can buy it from them at that price. Somebody will likely buy one this week, and either prove me wrong or prove they overpaid.
    :D

3. raildog

raildog Member

That sounds like solid ,informed ,information, thank you.Scott

4. rgsss14

rgsss14 Gold Supporting Member

This shows you how bad the market is these days, however. I could be wrong, but the Lentz S's were going for at least 4K 2 years ago. Amazing. Now is the time to buy.

5. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

You got a very cool deal as far as a Lentz is concerned! Congratulations...

6. English Jim

English Jim Member

Thats a very good price esp. for a pre lawsuit Lentz. Enjoy!

7. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

Just as the stock market is showing violent swings, so I think we will see anecdotes suggesting the price is doing this or doing that. I don't see Lentz 'S' guitars falling so much as I see unpredictable prices, inconsistent prices one transaction to the next.

Congrats on one very fine instrument!

8. fugot

fugot Member

well gas was $4 about 2 weeks ago, so yesterday has little importance on pricing today....it's not what we want it to be valued at, it is what someon is willing to pay that determines value. that lentz for $2700 was a TERRIFIC price. If you could get $3200 right now, i would be surprised. in february, that might be a different story......

the thing is, there are only so many people who have even heard of scott lentz, fewer who have played one of his guitars, and even fewer with money who have heard of scott lentz, know his guitars are amazing and are willing to pay top dollar. but, kisma is a funny lady.... sweet ax regardless,

9. raildog

raildog Member

:AOKI think yesterday has everything to do with today, the past is a good barometer for the future, just my opinion, and we know everyone has one of those.Scott