1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Lentz Stratocaster through a Maz Jr.

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by CDaughtry, Dec 6, 2005.

1. CDaughtry

CDaughtry Member

Guys,
    Here's a clip I recently did of a Lentz Stratocaster through a Dr. Z Maz Jr. I really dig this amp. I hit the front end of the amp just slightly with a Timmy pedal. The Maz Jr. LOVES pedals.

Oh...and the guitar ain't bad either!

www.members.aol.com/sharid1959/lentz.mp3

2. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this--sounds great. :AOK

I've got a Maz 18 NR due in some time next week. What were your settings and speaker(s) ?

3. Zane

Zane Member

Yeah I bought a Maz Jr right before Christmas...ALL my Lentz's sound great through it...gotta love some Zzzz & L's... ;^)

4. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Settings? Is your the reverb or non reverb model?

Great tones man! :cool:

5. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Stock tubes or any swaps?

6. CDaughtry

CDaughtry Member

Thanks for the kind words guys.:eek:

It's a reverb model, although on this particular cut, I barely have the reverb on.
    I did swap tubes. It has Mullard power tubes, an Amperex Bugle Boy in V1, Mullard in V2, and a Phillips Miniwatt in V3. I forget what I have in the reverb spots.:D
    My settings were, Master at 1 o'clock, Volume at 2 o'clock, Treble at 2 o'clock, Mids at 2 o'clock, bass at 10, o'clock and the cut at about 9 o'clock....:AOK

7. scottl

scottl Member

Nice job! Glad to listen to your stuff again... I should stop in at the LPF.

Loved the smoothness. Seemed a tad compressed but I liked that aspect of it.

Excellent bluesin'

8. CDaughtry

CDaughtry Member

Thanks Scott....coming from you, that's a BIG compliment!:AOK
    Yeah...we miss you over at the LPF. The Jam Zone is such a fun play to hang and jam, which the nicest bunch of folks you'd ever want to meet. I want to invite all Gear Pagers over there to jam!:dude