Leonc - Tomcat

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Lerxst2112, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

Hey! Could you put up some more Tomcat clips? I'm curious to hear it cranked about halfway with the boost off, 3/4 of the way with the boost off, and then maybe with the gain boost kicked in?

Is that possible? I keep hearing such awesome things about the Tomcat, but I haven't heard many clips of 'em at all.

Love my Invader. :) I'd kind of love an all-Aiken rig.

2. trucks

trucks Member

Have you heard the Tomcat clips at http://www.aikenamps.com/ in the "ARTISTS" section? Some real nice Leonc clips there.

My Tomcat arrives in a few hours! :dude

3. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

Yeah, I've heard those. I'm just looking for more... The nice thing about my Invader purchase was that there were so many soundclips around to listen to.

4. trucks

trucks Member

Hard to get enough of Leonc's clips! :dude

5. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Hey guys, wow...thanks! Glad you find them helpful. Hey Lerxst2112, have you heard this tune? It's the rhythm (and lead) track of an original tune I put together about 8 or 9 months ago... May do what you're looking for, amp-wise. I used the TC w/o the boost, volume probably about halfway up. On the solo, I remember I used my Blackbox Oxygen pedal for a small gain boost and some compression/sustain.

6. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

Yeah, I've heard this before! Great tone, great tune... you have great feeling in your playing... especially with the lead part about halfway into this song. It's haunting.

It was your "The Wind Cries Mary" clips that made me go out and learn the song.

7. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Cool. Yeah, WCM is definitely worth learning. One of the first Hendrix tunes I attempted to figure out, IIRC. I learned a lot from that. Prior to learning that tune, I think all I really knew were your basic major, minor and dom7 barre chords and cowboy chords. But with WCM, I learned about relative minors and that opened up a lot of things about Hendrix's playing. Anyway, if you still feel like you need more TC clips, I'll get around to it eventually...but maybe not right quick.

8. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

Yes, I definitely want more! Doesn't matter when, really... I'm broke at the moment anyway. It's tough being a college student and trying to afford these darned expensive guitars/amps.

And yeah, one of my majors is music theory, so I'm learning my theory as we speak! It's all very fascinating... sometimes confusing, but fascinating nonetheless.

9. trisonic

trisonic Member

Well, you're not doing bad for a poor college student, according to your list.

Best, Pete.

10. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

It takes saving every spare penny from birthdays, Christmas, and a summer job to do that. The bad thing is that I live in an apartment, so I have to keep my amps and my PRS and Gibson out at my house, 30 minutes away. Keep my Suhr and one of my Larrivees here at the apartment for practice...

11. trucks

trucks Member

Leonc,

Helpless is one of those tunes that plays in my head! Very nicely written and executed.

Gary

p.s. Tomcat is sitting on my desk. Must work...must work...

12. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

Resistance is futile.