Les Lius vs HPTT

thewex

So I pretty much use the LL in the 5E3 mode, with volume (left knob) cranked. Curious if the HPTT can get that same sound as the Les Lius, or if its really voiced differently? i dont use the 2nd gain stage all that much so just thinking from a real estate perspective.

gmann

I have both. The LLPTT replaced the LL on my board because I only ever used the Twin setting. Sometimes I use the combined setting. The LLPTT doesn't do the 5E3 setting as well as the LL but it has a 3 position toggle that gives different voicings and can approximate the 5E3. The main reason the LL got replaced was the size.

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
i've owned the LL, still own the TT.

The TT is much easier to tame, volume wise, which is the biggest plus for me, and imo would be for most users.

The LL's boost makes really easy to do an entire Neil Young setup. Set the boost position for full-on Neil meltdown tones, and then with the boost off you'll be in Neil rhythm ballpark.

Overall, i'd take the LL if volume were less of an issue. TT is great tho, i keep it around as a tool in the trick bag more than an everyday go-to pedal.

cheers

Trending Topics