• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Les Paul '56 vs Jazzmaster vs SG with P-90s

Whicha one ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RouseTheBoroughs

Silver Supporting Member
Over the last couple of weeks I've gone over a couple of guitar issues with my band ...

I've played all sorts of stuff and realized that some guitars were more my thing than others ...

for ex :

Gibson ES-339

Pros : Awesome buckers, love the feel
Cons : Just not made to get along with that neck and overall Gibson super loud output thing ...

Charvel So- Cal

Pros : Fantastic neck and feel
Cons : buckers feel a bit too spikey metal for me.

What am I looking for ?

I am looking for a guitar that stays warm like a Gretsch, has that awesome buttery neck I get on my Relic '69 Strat, SUSTAINS without having to slam on 10 pedals ... and of course give me some cool harmonics when I need them.

So I've narrowed it down to these three :

Fender Jazzmaster - Gibson '56 P-90 Goldtop Les Paul - Gibson SG with P-90s

Any advice appreciated

I went with the LP, but the SG would be fine with me, too, when stacked up against a J-master. I've never played one, but can't get past the image of the clean-cut kids playin' em' in the sixties fender catalogs.

Shnook

Silver Supporting Member
I voted for the R6 Les Paul. I have an R4 and it does what your looking for.

Trending Topics