Les Paul BFG and Fender Jaguar

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by the319, Oct 7, 2008.

1. the319

the319 Member

So who knows what they're like?
    I'm going up to Brissy to check them out this weekend, but before I do I want to know if they're worth buying.
    If your gonna get technical, speak in layman's terms as I'm slef taught and don't know much in the way of spec speak.

2. straightblues

straightblues Member

I really like the BFG. Make sure you plug it in and play it. It is chambered and it gets almost a 335 type sound. Very different than a traditional Les Paul. It is on my shortlist.

I am not a Jaguar fan. I just don't like the short scale Fenders. They just don't feel right to me. I do like the looks and body shape. I just perfer it in the Jazzmaster.

3. Sadhaka

Sadhaka Member

BFG is great. I had one for a while and stupidly traded it in. Don't think it sounded like a 335 at all though. P90 in the neck was awesome.

4. the319

the319 Member

yeah, one of the reasons I want the Jaguar is cause of the small scale, as I have tiny hands and a small body, big guitars just dont look right on me.
    Anyway, yeah.

Whats the Jazzmaster like?

5. soulohio

soulohio Member

try a fender toronado..mine has covered humbuckers andis a sunburst...nice fat neck although they don't come with large necks usually...

[​IMG]

6. soulohio

soulohio Member

here is mine only no sunburst:

[​IMG]

7. 8Painting

8Painting Member

You either love or hate jaguars.

I bought one because of the previous posts, small hands, love the body shape.

Fits perfect. I barely play any other guitars.

It definatley is its own animal.

Thats a good thing, and a bad thing too.

8. GUITARFORCE

GUITARFORCE Member

Nice guitar but the monkey steals the show... LOL. My 16-month-old son has the same monkey as a sidekick instead of a bear, which most kids have. He calls him "E" as in what a monkey says: "E, E, E, E, E, E!"

9. DrumBob

DrumBob Gold Supporting Member

I have a BFG and I really like it. It's light, it sounds about as mean as a guitar can get, and it's very resonant with the chambered body. I also like the rough look and the top that looks like snakeskin. It was also inexpensive; $799 with h/s case, and you can get them for less than that on Ebay if you're patient. You can customize them with your own touches. I put a black pickup ring around the humbucker, and black top hat knobs in place of the ugly wooden ones.

The Jaguar? I had two years ago ad hated them both. One was a '67 in Lake Placid Blue. They sounded brittle and trebly. I play occasionally with a guy who has a pre-CBS Jaguar and it sounds awful. The leader has asked him not to bring it on gigs, it's that bad.