• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Les Paul BFG

ScottySevins

For some reason these guitars really grab my eye. Does anyone have one, or have any experience with them? Very curious to see how they play.

jonahboo

i guess like the Zoot Suit SG - they are a Love/Hate guitar///

there's a couple 'round here on CL -

Stormin

Tele's and Plexis
I had an '07 a goldtop for a while and I did like it. It was very light and really resonant. Definitely a fun guitar to gig with. Tone wise, I wouldn't say the guitar was a standout, but it did the job well enough. I did find that replacing the Burstbucker with a better pickup was a big improvement.

Ultimately, I moved it in favor of something different.

GearFlipper

Cool looking. Lousy fit and finish. Fret ends protruding. No switch tips. Weird instrument.

BFG= barely finished guitar

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
Cool looking. Lousy fit and finish. Fret ends protruding. No switch tips. Weird instrument.

BFG= barely finished guitar
I found this too be kind of true. BUt the one I snagged was far superior in fit and finish to the others. No fret ends. Stays in tune. At the store, mine came with the P90 cover, switch tip, TR cover, etc. Mine is a one piece body as well, which is kindof cool for a cheaper Gibson. I Use it as my beater, but it sounds great. So try it out if you can, the others were much worse than mine. (Everyone says that I know)

Dave1

I really like mine, great selection of different tones. It is super versatile and mine plays great. You have to be a little brave to pull it off, it looks crazy.

rummy

Silver Supporting Member
Never owned one, but I was a fan of it. Loved the P90 in the neck, dug the finish, and it played really well. I'd love to find me one of those red ones.

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
I'll post mine in a little. I refinished it...kind of. I love it now. The wood on it is actually pretty amazing for a cheaper american Gibson. I switched the nut and dropped in some Jimmy Page switching in the pots. Oh and slapped a TV Jones Powertron in the Bridge position. It is a very cool guitar now, but it was before too.

Trending Topics