Les Paul case.. is this one good?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by sanders4617, Jan 22, 2008.

1. sanders4617

sanders4617 Supporting Member

2. Stormin

Stormin Supporting Member

I bought the Epiphone version for $49.99. It's every bit as good as the TKL/Gibson one. It's made in China, but you can't beat it for the price.

Stormin!

3. guitardr

guitardr Silver Supporting Member

Good for the price. One of my students has one: handle went bad & it's deteriorating. We had to use hide glue & clamps to hold it together. If your ax is worth it, drop the extra coinage.

4. sanders4617

Thanks. I might check out the Epiphone Case. The other doesn't sound too great if its falling apart. Surely the student hadn't had it long. Any case is better than stupid gig bags. I have a JV Strat and the gig bag with it, the straps snap on and off or something.. and one day it just came off and the guitar dropped, I thought I caught it enough that kept it from doing damage, but my high e string tuner is messed up.. It still tunes fine, but it doesn't stay in tune as well.

I might just buy 2 cases.. one for each guitar.

5. Shredsickgnar

Shredsickgnar Member

I have it and works great. I haven't had any problems.

6. edwinhong

edwinhong Member

7. sanders4617

Nice. Looks just like the Gibson case I had with my ES135.. except it had pink inside.

8. Zim

Zim Member

I have the same case for my Epi LP Custom, works perfect! My only complaint is that it is slippery and leaves fuzz on the guitar.

9. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

Actually, that one looks pretty nice.

Recently I've been picking up cases on eBay.

Genuine LP cases tend to go for around $70. Here are two sample listings. My guess is that the Historic case will go for more: http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Custom-Art-Historic-Les-Paul-Reissue-Case_W0QQitemZ260204473680QQihZ016QQcategoryZ41409QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-LES-PAUL-CASE-NEW-FREE-SHIPPING-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ170187745642QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a "Protector" case for my LP Custom 400 (got it as a "toss in" from Michael's Music on Long Island in '94). I'm surprised to see how much they're going for now (around $150). They're butt ugly, but are absolutely bulletproof:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Protector-Case-1980s_W0QQitemZ160199972475QQihZ006QQcategoryZ41409QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

10. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I would check out an SKB or a Gator case and get the best quality you can afford. If your guitar is worth a few bucks, don't spare expense on a case.:RoCkIn:dude

11. JohnSS

JohnSS Member

I also use a Protector case for my Les Paul TV Special Reissue. One of the few great original ideas to come from the Norlin era.

12. Johnnytone

Johnnytone Supporting Member

Look at the pic carefully. That case has only one neck support. YOU WANT TWO. Period.