Les Paul Customs from the CS

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Tone, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Tone

Tone Member

What's up guys.
    Do you guys think that since the production for the Les Paul Custom was moved to the CS that it's worth the extra money charged for it? I was thinking of getting one, then remembered that they are like $3k now.:jo You can still find really nice Historics for a lot less right? Do you guys really see a difference of these now compared to when they were standard production?

Thanks!

2. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Silver Supporting Member

I'd get one used and keep the change.

I've got a '91 CS LP Custom 400 that has the fattest sound I have ever heard come from a LP.

Works for me.

stratzrus

3. BIGGERSTAFF

BIGGERSTAFF Member

If I was gonna get an LP custom, I'd go for the 57RI BB or the 68RI, before a regular custom. I wouldn't pay the CS price for a regular one personally.

4. HHB

HHB Member

I sold a killer 68 Custom last year, those are really nice, mine was a 99 , part of the "goodwood" era if ya put any stock in that kind of lore, anyway, sold it to a fellow TGPer and it's continues to knok other fancy guitars around w/ it's totally balls out tone, I sold it cause I have a weird shoulder/back thing and just could not keep gigging it @ 10.5 lbs, CA 68 custom is the one I'd be looking for, maybe Gwayne will post, he put WCRs in it and now it's even better ( if thats possible )

5. Thwap

Thwap Silver Supporting Member

Yeah, absolutely.

6. Tone

Tone Member

What kind of prices do the '68 or '57's go for? Do the super dealers cut a better price than what Musicians Friend has listed, or is the policy the same price for all the dealers? I remember the Historics last year and earlier were all about $500 cheaper than what MF had them listed at, from a Super Dealer.:RoCkIn

7. Erik

Erik Member

Only you know the answer to that.

I demo'd a VOS 'R7 a few months ago...it killed me!!! (I bought it on the spot, before even plugging it in.) That sort of impression kind of moves the boundries of what one is willing to pay IMHO.