Les Paul customs

Drewchav

A Gibson Les Paul custom 68 reissue triburst came into the store this week. Are they worth the money? Used it is priced at 2,499.99. I really like it. But what is so special about it technically? I know it's a custom but is my money just as good being spent on some type of standard? Also if I do want a black beauty styled custom. Are they all different as far as necks and electronics?

murkat

I like sea otters
Supporting Member
triburst was a GC exclusive for a bit, 60's neck carve, but skimp'd on the pots / caps. grover tuners. not a bad price on a triburst. if you like it, and it is a nice one for you then grab it. 68's are very nice customs, but discontinued. It is possible that I even built it out ;)

guitarnut_1

I'd love to get a 68 butterscotch flamed "reissue" (not really a reissue, but still an awesome guitar) I personally don't like the triburst color. The butterscotch flamed ones were made around 2003-2005 I think. I tryed a used one a few years ago and it was simply awesome sounding. Tones for day. But the guy was just totally off with his price, asking as much as a new R9 for his used 68 custom.

modavis99

Silver Supporting Member
A Gibson Les Paul custom 68 reissue triburst came into the store this week. Are they worth the money? Used it is priced at 2,499.99. I really like it. But what is so special about it technically? I know it's a custom but is my money just as good being spent on some type of standard? Also if I do want a black beauty styled custom. Are they all different as far as necks and electronics?

I loved mine and never should have sold it. Awesome flamed top, ebony board, and a 60s neck, plus all the historic features like long tenon ... The other 68ri all have fat necks which is a no go for me. I sold it because it was over 10 pounds, and I figured I could get a lighter one later. Wrong.

vbf

I had one and regret selling it to this day!!!! It was a killer guitar in every way!!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom