• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Les Paul customs

Drewchav

A Gibson Les Paul custom 68 reissue triburst came into the store this week. Are they worth the money? Used it is priced at 2,499.99. I really like it. But what is so special about it technically? I know it's a custom but is my money just as good being spent on some type of standard? Also if I do want a black beauty styled custom. Are they all different as far as necks and electronics?

murkat

I like sea otters
Supporting Member
triburst was a GC exclusive for a bit, 60's neck carve, but skimp'd on the pots / caps. grover tuners. not a bad price on a triburst. if you like it, and it is a nice one for you then grab it. 68's are very nice customs, but discontinued. It is possible that I even built it out ;)

guitarnut_1

I'd love to get a 68 butterscotch flamed "reissue" (not really a reissue, but still an awesome guitar) I personally don't like the triburst color. The butterscotch flamed ones were made around 2003-2005 I think. I tryed a used one a few years ago and it was simply awesome sounding. Tones for day. But the guy was just totally off with his price, asking as much as a new R9 for his used 68 custom.

modavis99

Gold Supporting Member
A Gibson Les Paul custom 68 reissue triburst came into the store this week. Are they worth the money? Used it is priced at 2,499.99. I really like it. But what is so special about it technically? I know it's a custom but is my money just as good being spent on some type of standard? Also if I do want a black beauty styled custom. Are they all different as far as necks and electronics?
I loved mine and never should have sold it. Awesome flamed top, ebony board, and a 60s neck, plus all the historic features like long tenon ... The other 68ri all have fat necks which is a no go for me. I sold it because it was over 10 pounds, and I figured I could get a lighter one later. Wrong.

vbf

Gold Supporting Member
I had one and regret selling it to this day!!!! It was a killer guitar in every way!!!

Trending Topics