Les Paul Hardware Replacements?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Hippæ, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Hippæ

Hippæ Member

Hi All,
    I recently acquired a les paul studio, and i've already replaced the tuners with grovers, and would eventually like to replace the bridge and tailpiece. Im normally a strat/tele player, and use callaham bridges on both of those, but obviously they dont provide gibson style hardware. Im aware of tonepros, and i love the locking idea, but i dont know what material the actual hardware is made of. Does anyone know of a company that provides solid steel les paul hardware?

2. moj067

moj067 Member

Pigtail does 'em right.

3. Hippæ

Hippæ Member

They certainly look good, but holy crap are they expensive!

4. jay42

jay42 Member

Stew-Mac sells Gotoh parts that I think are very good. I replaced an ABR-1 with a bridge that doesn't have the ever-vibrating wire. Also, I've got their light weight aluminum stop. I'm not sure steel is the thing for the tailpiece. ymmv and it's all opinion anyway. hth

5. KCWM

KCWM Member

I have some schaller replacements on my les Paul. I have the schaller roller bridge and fine tuning tailpiece. The tailpiece basically has the adjustment knobs similar to a floyd rose that allows me to make those fine tune adjustments. I dig them and they are well priced.

6. hawkeye17

hawkeye17 Member

7. emjee

emjee Member

+1. When faced with a decision like this, I look at what the top players are using. I mean their LIVING depends on getting the tone that is second to none. So if people like Billy Gibbons, Ronny Montrose, Steve Morse are using them, its a safe bet I will not be dissappointed. I have them on two of my Baker guitars and they are great. YMMV.

MG