Les Paul....ish

fenderbender4

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm thinking about getting another guitar. I'm looking at a Les Paul type guitar, but not a typical one. I'm looking for that kind of guitar, but better access to the upper frets. I play classic rock, pop, blues, and 80's metal. So I need the better upper fret access. Any suggestions? Thanks.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
No idea what your price range is, but if you want a real luxury ride, albeit a big $$ ride, try a McNaught Doublecut. Art-like build quality, top notch components, and out of this world sustain. Great upper register access, and while it has its own tonal signature, it's still in the LP camp. Second choice for less $$, a Hamer USA doublecut (forgot the name). The one I played sounded great, was built beautifully, and was less than a historic Les Paul.

Hardtail

fenderbender4 said:
I'm thinking about getting another guitar. I'm looking at a Les Paul type guitar, but not a typical one. I'm looking for that kind of guitar, but better access to the upper frets. I play classic rock, pop, blues, and 80's metal. So I need the better upper fret access. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I just got a Carvin CT4 (they surprised me with a flame top - didn't expect it for $900) which I bet would do everything you want ...

HT

kselbee

Silver Supporting Member
fenderbender4 said:
Hamer makes some GREAT stuff and you can get single or double cut both in the LP vein. Also, a PRS Singlecut Trem has unbelievable upper fret access for a single cut... and one SMOKIN guitar!

EdMan57

Check out the new USA Washburn Pilsen Idol with the Buzz Feiten System and easy upper fret access...just under $1,000.00 on a few internet sites.
Ed

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
How about that Anderson Atom? It looks a little odd, but it sounds great!

OldSchool

Matte said:

Those are just insane.........I'd LOVE to try one one day. Hows the neck on yours? I lik'em big..........I don't think I've ever seen one used and they sell out right away as soon as they are in Stock...........:eek:

EunosFD

How 'bout a Gibby LP Double Cut? They have 24 frets and supposedly have pretty good upper fret access for the type of guitar it is. I haven't played one in many years, but from what I remember they're pretty nice. I do check them out on eBay all the time though & they're usually quite reasonably priced. They're reminiscent of the Hamer Sunburst Archtop in terms of looks. Speaking of, that's another good one to check out too.

Here's an example of the LP Double Cut:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1998-Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-DC-FLAME-TOP_W0QQitemZ7375515000QQcategoryZ38086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Trending Topics