• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Les Paul owners... whats your go to amp?

blues junkie

Gold Supporting Member
Playing my R9 through a 65' princeton reverb Reissue with a 12" cannabis rex ( Sweetwater edition) and it's not bad... just curious what everyone is rocking their LP's through... I figure a Marshall style amp will get a lot of mention.

Thanks

kelsodeez

I play my R9 through a 5watt fender champ 90% of the time. Gigs and garage sessions are played through the marshall dsl100 1/2 stack

JKjr

Two favorites: '64 Bassman (thank you Todd Sharp) and a reworked Bluesbreaker combo plus Rangemaster. Kinda obvious choices, but hard to beat in a pinch.
I like to feed a Vibroverb or a Super with P90's for clean sounds. R6+Twin=hell yeah

Soundhog73

Playing my R9 through a 65' princeton reverb Reissue with a 12" cannabis rex ( Sweetwater edition) and it's not bad... just curious what everyone is rocking their LP's through... I figure a Marshall style amp will get a lot of mention.

Thanks
I use a fender Princeton reverb as well,my les Paul standard sounds fantastic thru it.

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
My "Les Paul Rig" has Marshall Astorias. Custom for dirt, Classic for clean and Dual for in-betweens.

But Les Pauls are ubiquitous and I think that every amp builder should make sure their guitar amps play nicely with Les Pauls. Same with Teles. I own several other amps the Les Pauls work really well with. Fender, VOX, Marshall and derivatives. The Les Paul would work well with any of those so I think it's better if you are buying an amp, to find one which has the character you like because a good Les Paul should work well in all the big categories.

cap10kirk

The entire time I played Les Pauls, I pretty much only used Orange amps. Mostly a Tiny Terror with a 2x12 cab.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom