• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Les Paul owners... whats your go to amp?

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
Marshall’s, Blackface Fenders, Voxes, Tweed combos, Matchless, etc. My LPs sound great through ‘em all.

Shaggyshark

My favorites over the years have been a Vox AC15 and the red channel of my Mesa Mark V. I saw a video of someone go through a Matchless HC-15 that sounded incredible and made the other guitars they had used on the same amp sound like toys in comparison and once my friend played one through a vintage Silver Jubilee full stack at GC that sounded phenomenal.

jlectka

Silver Supporting Member
1974x combo with MV. I just crank the amp volume and tone and use the MV to get the right volume. In the sweet spot the guitar volume can go from fat clean to perfect 60s rock n roll.
Honorable mention to my 68 Custom Vibrolux. After I changed out the speakers to sc-64s it’s much more friendly to humbuckers.

Mikeyboyeee

Silver Supporting Member
Any one of these really. Sounds good with all of them!

20210824_073436-jpg.86645

CloneTone

I haven't been playing my Les Paul very often, was enjoying SC's for years now, but I just finished building this 6G3 Brown Deluxe kit from Mojotone, and with a HB Les Paul, it's better than I imagined it would be. The overdrive of a Brown Deluxe on the Bright Channel and around '7', is incredible. ZZ Top Just Got Paid, all day long!

7z7oyzx.jpg

Add some good Germanium fuzz, a spring tank, and a slide, and I'll lose 3 hours in a blink.

71strat

2013 Metropoulos JTM45 replica head, all NOS glass, Mather oversize JTM45/100 replica bottom TVB cabinet. EC Collins Pinstripe cloth x 4 Pulsonic Celestion G12Ms.

Blackfaced 1969 Fender Dual Showman Rvb/ODS mod x 2 Altec Lansing 418H. 1 x 12 Celestion Cream x 1 x 12 Hemp Coned JBL E120, or 2 x 1 x 12 Rawson Sparfield Starfinders.

2015 Replica 59 Burst with Tom Holmes pickups, reverse neck magnet. Nicest LP Ive ever heard/played. Weighs 8.2lbs. Ive had the 69 DS, and 2 x 15 since 73. Was Blackfaced/ODS mod 6 years ago. All NOS glass.

2001 Fender Cyber Twin. Became my grab, and go, and practice amp ever since. Highly underrated amp, and should have never been discontinued. I did replace the speakers 2 years ago with 1 Celestion 150w G12H Redback, and 1 Celestion 90w Cream, and 2 NOS Mullard I61 12ax7s.

QyFFeeJ.jpg

T4ZSbg9.jpg

Sloppyfingers

mmm I own Marshall style amps, so it's hard not to sound great through any of them..My LP standard pairs well with both my Friedman Pink Taco and Marshall SV20..It also sounds great through my Suhr Hombre, which is sort of early Marshall voicing to begin with..Oh and my SLO 30 as well.

Last edited:

Fireball XL5

Gold Supporting Member
Beautiful! ! What year/model is the amps and LP ??

Thanks! The top amp is a '68 Plexi Super Bass, and the bottom amp is an early '73 hand-wired 50 watt Bass. Both great amps that I've owned for many years. The Les Paul is a 2016 Lemonburst R8.

Last edited:

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
I don't really pair guitars with amps, but I like my Les Paul a lot with my Marshall JCM 800 4010 50 watt 1x12 combo. I know a lot of you will think I'm exaggerating, but I can get most of the way to that tone with my Mesa Fillmore 25 in a lighter package that has channel switching and reverb.

thawn5150

I play my Les Pauls through a Mesa TC, Marshall JVM, EVH 5150 IIIS, Blu guitar amp 1 ME ...the guitars sound great through of of these.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom