• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Les Paul. Pick guard or no pick guard. Pics welcome.

Theorist

Silver Supporting Member
I bought mine without, but it had been removed so it had the holes. I kind of like it both ways.

Neopolitian

Can't stand the guard. Looks like a bra you'd put on your car. Show those curves!

With the shape of the carved top, it's damn hard to scrape the body! Rather pointless.

It's totally part of the shape of the guitar, and if you like it, fine...but no thanks.

teleman55

My old one was a cherry sunburst. It had a pick guard. I was good with that. The one I have now is black. When I bought it had no pick guard. Removed by a previous owner, just the screw holes left. Thought I'd put one on but never did, so I guess you can put me in the "No PG" column.

TubeStack

Silver Supporting Member
I took mine off for the first time the other day, ended up putting it back a couple days later.

somedude

Nice guitar, but it seems someone before you disagreed for quite some time!
Yeah... it was probably on for more than a few decades years before I got it, and it took me a few years before I removed it myself.

After I picked up another GT someone suggested I pull the pickguard off... and I liked it. Then after awhile I got used to it and started to dislike the look of the pickguard on the old GT more than I disliked the look of the suntan.

straycat113

I really can't say as most look great with or without. Take a look at (Novintage's) guitar #11 on this thread, it looks great both ways.