• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Les Paul Pick Guards

Pick guard?

• Yes

Votes: 80 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.3%

• Total voters

LardVader

I like the look of a lot of LP's with the pick guard off. Every time I've tried it on mine it just looks weird and I have to put it back on.

lns

E91B806B-F648-450C-9CA9-FB02FB47EBA8.jpeg
F1B3008E-B68D-426D-AFB0-D7386FE653F8.jpeg
I used to always anchor my fingers on the guard, but now I play with the hand free floating.
I just prefer the look.
In fact - I really want a black Les Paul Custom Axcess Hardtail but refuse to buy it since it has no pickguard.
the Custom just looks like a pervert without that guard IMO

Last edited:

DonP

Only two of my LP's came "undrilled".

I drilled/put a historic pickguard (cut down from P90's) on my 2002 LP Standard.

I did not put a guard on my 1996 Classic Premium Plus.

In general I like the pickguard there as a place to anchor my fingers.

mos6507

In fact - I really want a black Les Paul Custom Axcess Hardtail but refuse to buy it since it has no pickguard.
There's no reason you can't just add one unless you're really terrified of drilling a few small holes.

IanRubbish

I was always against them, but somewhere along the line and probably exposure to videos of my favorite players having them, I started to feel like they were missing something.

Drew68

Silver Supporting Member
My personal rule is: No pickup covers, no pickguard. Pickup covers installed, install pickguard.

1604189842439.png

I'll tell ya' though, a pickguard is really a waste on a Les Paul Junior. What a beautiful pice of mahogany this is. Shame about the screw holes.

1604189776889.png

Attachments

Trending Topics