• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Les Paul Recorder-Who Has/Had One?

Taylor 339

My parents bought me a new one for Christmas. It was a 72 I think. I never did figure out how to use all those electronics. Sold it to the kid across the street along with a vintage Gibson amp my uncle had given me :jo. The LP was still mint. There is a cool picture in my high school year book of me on stage with it. Every once in a while I see one on Ebay, but I don't think there are many still around.

Last edited:

Tele71

Platinum Supporting Member
Cool guitars. If I were to ever get a Les Paul that would be the one.
P

BluesRocker

If you're talking about the Les Paul Recording (slanted low-impedance pickups), then none other than Mr. Lester William Polsfuss himself.

He plays this model almost exclusively these days.

A Les Paul Recorder?? Y'mean one of those plastic, open hole flute things you learned to play the farmer in the dell on in second grade? Wow, I didn't know there was a L.P. model. Is it low-impedence?

Taylor 339

If you're talking about the Les Paul Recording (slanted low-impedance pickups), then none other than Mr. Lester William Polsfuss himself.

He plays this model almost exclusively these days.
That's the one. I guess it was Recording. I have seen some recent pictures of him playing one.

rah3

I owned a LP Recording Model. It was stolen from a car in NYC about 1979. The thief probably saved me from $50,000 worth chiropractic visits. The guitar sounded fantastic direct into a amp or board, but was very particular about pedals. I miss it sometimes, but don't miss the weight.

-RAH3

drewl

I've worked on a few and my buddy has the bass version. Heavy as all hell.

Not too difficult, those are a pickup switch, phase switch, Hi/Lo output switch, 3 position tone switch, Volume, Bass, Treble and Decade controls.

Recording Model controls are nothing compared to a BC Rich Supreme with the power boost. Coils taps, phase switch, Varitone, Volumes, Tones, Boost controls and a couple I'm not sure what they do. Not one to gig with if and beer is consumed during the night.

Motorhed

Isn't it interesting that we're so traditional about Les Pauls and Les Paul himself plays one of the most untraditional models ever put out?

Shamus

Silver Supporting Member
Heavy boat anchors - but cool in their own way...

Much like the Les Paul Signatures - a 335 w/ a better shape, but worse pickups (low impediance)...

I kinda wish I still had my LP Signature....

guitardork

I had a Les Paul Personal. It was like the recording modle but had a mic input on the upper edge with a volume control. Very cool guitar for cleans.

Marty s Horne

It never caught on big because the pickups were clean, low volume, and not condusive to rocking out on. Besides Les Paul, Terry Kath and Al Hodges (Al Green's guitarist) played earlier versions of the Recording model called Les Paul Personal and Les Paul Professional.

Isn't it interesting that we're so traditional about Les Pauls and Les Paul himself plays one of the most untraditional models ever put out?
Les has been sold on low-impedence electronics since the Dead Sea was merely ill. Not so much the gtr buying public.

Trending Topics