Les Paul Studio Copper Top Love. Anymore Info?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by MotoGuitard, Oct 9, 2015.

1. MotoGuitard

MotoGuitard Member

Hey everyone, hope Friday is treating you well. I know I don't post here a lot, much less start threads, but I'm feeling a bit inspired. I read the pages literally everyday but do feel like it's time to post.
    My roommate scored an amazing deal (pay me a couple hundred bucks when you can) kind of deal on a Les Paul Studio. Yup, seems like the old roomie has a golden horseshoe in his ass on this one. Anyway, this guitar is amazing, especially unplugged. It rings like a freakin bell. It's beyond words how well this thing sings. I'm obviously loving the heck out of it. It's a 2004 according to serial numbers. It has no fret markers on the ebony board and a deep copper top with a black back. Anyone played one? Any reason why this guitar is so good other than luck? Anything else?
    Just as disclaimer I have owned a Les Paul...traditional to be specific. The neck comfort and everything was similar but this one has "the stuff." Wish it were mine dangit

2. stratter

stratter Member

Gibson lets out a few good ones every once and awhile ;)

3. Paul86

Paul86 Member

Where are the pics that prove your story? :)

4. snow and steel

snow and steel Supporting Member

Mine isn't a 2004, but it sounds very similar, and its my favorite guitar I own.

[​IMG]

5. BadAssBill

BadAssBill southofnash.com

Is that a WWF belt or a guitar strap? :)

6. Jack Wilson

Jack Wilson Member

I've got one but mine has fret markers. it's an awesome guitar how do you tell the year from the serial #
    http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/JackWilson68/IMG_3030_zpsnrtbiodv.jpg

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/JackWilson68/IMG_3031_zpsyf98rd2m.jpg

7. Jack Wilson

Jack Wilson Member

8. snow and steel

My Wife made that for me. It is a nice soft double layer strap from cow grain leather with suede backing, fitted with strap locks. The center medallion is an antique bronze medallion from Nepal that features two fish dancing over a lotus flower [I'm told it is a symbol for attaining tranquility] that was brought back from Nepal. The beads surrounding it are a mix of bronze and brass [some are antiqued and some are not] that my wife made in her foundry, and trimmed with some red hand made beads we purchased from the Cherokee Nation [we have friends there]. The stones that are above and below the medallion are hand carved with Nordic runes and translate from top to bottom as roughly "from suffering comes wisdom" [my wife made these as well with some help from a Norwegian friend of ours]. Its sort of a nice culmination of all the places, travels and friends we have.

We had a really terrible car accident and my wife actually died twice during a helicopter air lift. They were able to resuscitate her, but not without some consequences. She makes a lot of handmade woven beaded jewelry, as well as has her own forge and her own foundry where she makes her own glass beads as well as Silver and gold jewelry too. She can't do physical trade shows anymore so she mainly sells over the internet when she can. I'm very proud of all the things she makes and I love my strap.

SackvilleDan likes this.
  9. supergenius365

supergenius365 Supporting Member

Not a lot of info on these from what I remember. I was interested in one a few years ago and couldn't find much info.

10. BadAssBill

BadAssBill southofnash.com

Enjoy every minute with the strap. Sorry for being even a little bit critical....

11. snow and steel

No harm, no foul. I just thought I'd tell you about it so perhaps it made a little more sense.