Les Paul Studio Pro Plus 2011, yah or nah?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Ricardo P, May 1, 2016.

1. Ricardo P

Ricardo P Member

Title sais it all.

Found a NOS to sell on a decent price. Action was high and string way too rusted but sounds very nice. They offered me to swap strings and do a basic setup for the next test if I want to which for me is a must before cash out

Is it a good model/year? body was a 3 piece....

2. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

If you can buy it for under $900 I guess it wouldn't be a bad deal. 3 piece body? If you don't care about a shiny finish, the Tribute series are sonically some of the best sounding guitars they make because of the thin finish.. Mines a 1 piece body, used they go for under $700, new under $1000

3. Sarutobi sasuke

Sarutobi sasuke Member

i wouldn't go that high. i see 2014s go for less than that, with a case

4. Ricardo P

Ricardo P Member

I believe it comes with a case also.

I see that it has a nice, fine grain back, 3 pieces though. Nice shaped neck, a discrete flamed carved maple top, nice transparent red color, sounds good despite the heavy rusted strings so I hope it doesn't get too brite with a fresh set. Also playabiity was a problem due to a poor setup. That's what I could see I'm worried about the things I don't know.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Pro-Plus.aspx

This particular model got some extra love here? How about the year (2011), was a good year for Gibson? Do they still had access to fine wood that year? I don't remember much about Gibson history of 5 years ago and having a hard time to find info with the search tool here

Any help will be very appreciate