Les Paul switch in a tele?

JimH

Not in the conventional control plate as it's a blade switch - so has a slit for the switch lever. You'd need to open it out to a circle to accommodate the LP switch - but you'd still see the rest of the slit. Other option would be a custom made control plate with three holes.

Out of interest what's to hate? I mean it's essentially the same three position, laterally moving switch. - Personally I find them slightly more convenient, but both are fine.

Out of interest what's to hate? I mean it's essentially the same three position, laterally moving switch. - Personally I find them slightly more convenient, but both are fine.
What I've always hated is changing from the bridge to another position in a hurry. I always end up changing the volume when trying to switch. I prefer the up/down motion of the switch, and in that position it's like a LP DC Special or an SG. The other issue is the tip always coming off.

el duderino

Silver Supporting Member

that is an AWESOME tele!!!! What is the push switch for? Will a standard gibson switch work or do i need a special one for fenders?

nsps

My friend has a custom tele from Fender with full LP-style electronics—four knobs and the LP-style toggle, so I suppose whatever you like is possible. I find the LP knobs a little easier to flip on accident, but like both.

Trending Topics