• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Les Paul with one pickup: yeah or neah?

Yeah, neah, I don't care

• Very cool

• Very stupid

• Whatever....no opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
What doe the TGP collective thinK? Not a versatile guitar but as an an unnecessary additionto the quiver just for the fun and coolness...or do you think it's a totally inane white elephant with a high degree of "WTF are you thinking" factor?

Last edited:

dazco

Well, i guess it's subjective because some like those. To me it makes no sense at all. kinda like preferring a stereo with one speaker. Why? Why would anyone want to limit the sounds you can get without getting some sort of benefit from the sacrifice? But like i said, thats just me. I'd prefer a epi LP over that no matter how nice those are because the neck P/U and the middle combo is that important to me. I look at it like a car w/o a steering wheel. What good is it? It can go straight, but what happens when you come to a curve?

phantasm

I think they could be cool. You can do a whole lot with one pickup-especially if you have a tone control.
What's the pickup switch doing on a one pickup guitar? Would that be a coil tap? a mini switch by the other controls or a push pull would be best.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
I look at it like a car w/o a steering wheel. What good is it? It can go straight, but what happens when you come to a curve?
Who turns?

Oh, I'm thinking of skiing again. ;)

The pup switch could be on/off for staccato or a coil tap. Or it could be a cut switch for the vocalist's mic.

twinrider1

I love the looks of the goldtop Gibson did (1st pic). Isn't there a story behind those....something about Gibson doing a very small run of them, with one going to Clapton. Something like that.

OminousPoultry

Silver Supporting Member
I love the looks of the goldtop Gibson did (1st pic). Isn't there a story behind those....something about Gibson doing a very small run of them, with one going to Clapton. Something like that.
a run of 25 done for Dave's Guitars - based on the Rev's - one for sale
here
(I have no connection)

benjammin420

im sure theyve got killer tone, and if i could afford 1,000,000 guitars i would have a few of these, but i really prefer more than one pickup just to get some variety

jhc

A lot of folks prefer Esquires to Teles. Seems like pretty much the same concept to me. If you want versatility, a coil tap could help with that.

Stringz

That white one looks like one of those GibSUN copies from China.

There's nothing wrong with a single pickup guitar, though. Gibson would never have made the Junior or Melody Maker if there were.

Single pickup guitars have a clean and simple look to them, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Trending Topics