Les Paul with one pickup: yeah or neah?

Yeah, neah, I don't care

• Very cool

• Very stupid

• Whatever....no opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
What doe the TGP collective thinK? Not a versatile guitar but as an an unnecessary additionto the quiver just for the fun and coolness...or do you think it's a totally inane white elephant with a high degree of "WTF are you thinking" factor?

R4HBonepupagain.jpg

R4onepupagain.jpg

p90GIBSONSgandebonyONEPUP.jpg

oxbloodonepuponeknobnopgnoswitchNAK.jpg

oxbloodonepuponeknob.jpg

lpcustwhiteONE-1.jpg

lpcustwhiteobliqueONE.jpg

LPCebonypgONE.jpg

Last edited:

dazco

Well, i guess it's subjective because some like those. To me it makes no sense at all. kinda like preferring a stereo with one speaker. Why? Why would anyone want to limit the sounds you can get without getting some sort of benefit from the sacrifice? But like i said, thats just me. I'd prefer a epi LP over that no matter how nice those are because the neck P/U and the middle combo is that important to me. I look at it like a car w/o a steering wheel. What good is it? It can go straight, but what happens when you come to a curve?

phantasm

I think they could be cool. You can do a whole lot with one pickup-especially if you have a tone control.
What's the pickup switch doing on a one pickup guitar? Would that be a coil tap? a mini switch by the other controls or a push pull would be best.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
I look at it like a car w/o a steering wheel. What good is it? It can go straight, but what happens when you come to a curve?
Who turns?

Oh, I'm thinking of skiing again. ;)

The pup switch could be on/off for staccato or a coil tap. Or it could be a cut switch for the vocalist's mic.

twinrider1

I love the looks of the goldtop Gibson did (1st pic). Isn't there a story behind those....something about Gibson doing a very small run of them, with one going to Clapton. Something like that.

I love the looks of the goldtop Gibson did (1st pic). Isn't there a story behind those....something about Gibson doing a very small run of them, with one going to Clapton. Something like that.

a run of 25 done for Dave's Guitars - based on the Rev's - one for sale
here
(I have no connection)

benjammin420

im sure theyve got killer tone, and if i could afford 1,000,000 guitars i would have a few of these, but i really prefer more than one pickup just to get some variety

jhc

A lot of folks prefer Esquires to Teles. Seems like pretty much the same concept to me. If you want versatility, a coil tap could help with that.

Stringz

That white one looks like one of those GibSUN copies from China.

There's nothing wrong with a single pickup guitar, though. Gibson would never have made the Junior or Melody Maker if there were.

Single pickup guitars have a clean and simple look to them, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom