• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Les Paul X?!

Matt Novak

Haven't seen this posted here yet... I guess they had some hardware left over... to be honest, I don't mind the way it looks..

[/img]

zastruga

I wouldn't want one, but I don't understand why they didn't do this in the first place. I think most of the backlash on the Firebird X was in how awful it looked, not the electronics.

Still... pointless.

magnus02

i figured this was a joke... any proof it's real?

seemed like they lost a LOT of money on the firebird and would be anxious to move on regardless of whether or not they had leftover parts laying around...

M55ikael

It really does look like a joke. I don't mind the electronics so much, but I can't imagine this being the product of a sane design department. "Hey wouldn't it be cool to have one of each knob we have in stock, on one guitar?" Do they honestly think we can't differentiate between selector switches without having separate colour switch tips? It's already busy enough as it is.

I guess the price won't reflect the lack of binding, either. I love classic Gibson guitars, but it seems as if they're trying to sabotage their innovations with hideously ugly designs.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
It really does look like a joke. I don't mind the electronics so much, but I can't imagine this being the product of a sane design department. "Hey wouldn't it be cool to have one of each knob we have in stock, on one guitar?" Do they honestly think we can't differentiate between selector switches without having separate colour switch tips? It's already busy enough as it is.
Well, this is the same company that decided that the Les Paul needed its pickup selector switch labeled....upside down from the playing position. For sixty years. Apparently we were all clever enough to eventually figure out what the volume and tone knobs did (once they stopped labeling those), but by God, the poker chip must be readable to the audience members.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom