leslie 25 for guitar?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Squigglefunk, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Squigglefunk

Squigglefunk Senior Member

Anyone here have experience with these? I was looking at one with a footpedal that lets you run guitar into it. I understand because it doesn't have the horn it's not that great for keys but since guitar usually doesn't use those frequencies I thought it might not be that bad. It does have the 20 watt amp and I also wonder if that is good for guitar... any info would be great, thanks.

2. wichita

wichita Member

I'm getting a Vibratone style leslei done right now by JB at ORgan donar amps.

3. shark_bite

shark_bite Member

Try it. It's pretty damn cool. My old roommate has a B3 and an A100, plus three Leslies. So as you can imagine, I was used to "the real thing" and thought it wouldn't be very cool without the horn, but they actually are pretty neat.

4. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Silver Supporting Member

5. Stk1520

Stk1520 Silver Supporting Member

I'm not certain, but didn't the Leslie 25 only have a one-speed motor? I may be wrong on that . . . . I have a model 16 (same as the Vibratone) and the fast speed is extremely cool sounding, so you might want to research a bit. If the 25 is only one speed, I know that two-speed motors show up on eBay all the time and are reasonably priced. Good luck!

6. Squigglefunk

looks neat but also looks like it's $1,500 a little more that I'm willing to go for.

thanks for the suggestion tho

7. Squigglefunk

yes, one speed. the fast and a brake. I really only like the fast speed for guitar really. Plus I found this one with the pedal that interfaces with the guitar and it's NOS. It's tempting me.