Leslie or Rotating Speaker on MM-4

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gtrfinder, Jan 17, 2008.

1. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Member

I have a Line 6 MM-4 and while I like its versatility and number of effects I have never gotten a good rotating speaker sound out of it.
    Everythign i dial up sounds kind of tinny and brittle.
    Anyone have a setting that they use for a good Leslie sim?
    Thanks

2. Dave

Dave Member

Can't help you. I have a Keeley MM4 and I think the rotary/Leslie sims are awful. A lot of the other sounds are pretty good though.

3. mcholley

mcholley Member

I bought one to take to Europe for some shows....as soon as I got home - I sold it.

It was bought mostly to provide Leslie sounds, and since they weren't acceptable - GONE!

Mark

4. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

I would agree. My Keely modded sounds alot better but those leslie models are not good.

I'm surprised that L6 never updated their large stomp series.

5. revgsmall

revgsmall Member

Sad to say, I had the same experience, the leslie just ain't in it. However there are some other cool sounds in it. It has one of the best phase patches I've ever used.

I use the new Roland twin pedal for the Leslie thing, its great. You are talking to a dude who hauled around a Fender squirrel cage leslie for many years.

6. funkycaveman

funkycaveman Member

I actually like the leslie sim on the mm4. I guess I'm in the minority! I dial in the preset and the only thing I change is I slow down the speed. Otherwise, it sounds fake and terrible. I really like how it sounds at slower speeds however. With an expression pedal you can slow down and speed up the tempo so it sounds more authentic (though I've never played through an actual Leslie speaker). Or you can set up two different presets at two different speeds and cycle between them. Both of these methods make it sound even better.

Like most Line 6 stuff, I find if you tweak around with it you can get some really nice sounds! JMO!