1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let It Be Solos

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Dajax, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Dajax

Dajax Member

Just for the hell of it, I laid down a quick cover of the Let It Be solos (LP, and 45 versions) These were the first solos I ever learned at 15 in 1970:eek:
    http://bandmix.ca/dajax

2. rickc007

rickc007 Gold Supporting Member

Nice,
    I still play those.

Good stuff

3. Dajax

Dajax Member

That 3rd solo...the one on the "Naked" Version of the Let It Be album, and from the movie as well, I think sounds like a so-so warm up to the solo on the single version, but someone in the Beatles camp must like it because it's low in the mix underneath both the Album and Single solo.

4. 6789

6789 Member

Which model supro do you have? are any of the recordings on your bandmix page recorded with the supro?

5. drewl

drewl Member

The heavier solo was recorded later, alongside the original leslie'd solo and they are both present on the master tape as you can hear the raunchier one low in the mix of the leslie'd solo.

6. Dajax

Dajax Member

The Supro is an 88T model. The only thing on my song list recorded with the Supro is that Hawaiian sounding slide section on All Along The Watchtower