Let me hear REAL clips from your PAST .....few of mine inside

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Rock Fella, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

By your past, i mean from about 3 or 4 years ago and beyond.

What Im not interested in are look at how fast I am playing clips, Id like submissions to be REAL, bum notes, overbends , it doesnt matter, so long as the clip came from deep within the person submitting it and it at least means something to him, it sure dont have to be perfect, most of the best music out there is riddled with techical imperfection.

I look forward to hearing you from your past immensely guys.

my first clip is is the sorta blues shuffle you pass a joint to your bro to whilst listening to its phaser induced spacey quality, it aint perfect, but I like it, and I hope you do to. recorded using yamaha sg2000 straight into a Boogie MK1 reissue with evm12L 200 watt speaker.

second clip is a collaboration between myself and mega guitarist Ricker. He cut the backing and I did the leads using again, sg2000 into boogie MK1 reissue.

last one is a short cut in memory of somebody very close to me and i didnt work it out or anything, i just played it, one minor flub where i half hit a note but i felt it had the vibe and it made me miss that person real bad, so i left it alone, rcorded with the sg2000 as well ................nice guitar tha one.

looking forward to what you submit and make it warts and all.

:dude :dude
    jimmy

:dudehttp://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000077791_000011510_proj.mp3

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000077791_000011512_proj.mp3

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000077791_000011513_proj.mp3

2. scottl

scottl Member

3. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

you are too kind scott , when i recorded that, it was unrehearsed and you know when something just feel "right" , you gotta leave it be, dont matter if its not perfect, in my case, it never will be, I prefer it real.

again, scott , thanks for the kind words pal.

jimmy

4. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

I just happened to have 2 clips from 1989-1990 on my site hidden away for someone to hear. It's the oldest stuff I have online currently. I did some edited cover song demos for a drummer friend who worked for SKB records back then. We did em pretty much live with the exception of a very few drum parts and solo dubs. We did Hocus Pocus by Focus using new sampler techology available at that time and more rockin'. We sampled all the yodeling sections a triggered them in live. We also covered Gary Moore's The Messiah Will Come Again. The quality is a bit lacking because I transferred these from a casette copy to MP3.

I was using a one of the first Rivera TBR-1's that Paul Rivera modded for me into my trusty vintage '75 Marshall cab. Can't remember which guitars... Either my hot-rodded Kalamazoo, LP Jr or 335.

Ah, the memories...

The Messiah Will Come Again

Hocus Pocus

5. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Supporting Member

6. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

7. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Ah, "Mama Just Wants to Barrelhouse" - I love that tune.
    Cool...

8. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

Andy are you sure you aint Gary Moore , that messiah clip is very very nice dude.

EDIT: I didnt know that was a moore clip LOL :D

9. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

10. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

11. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

Jim,

I really liked these. Someday I'm going to learn to play chromatic harmonica.

I like your mellow style.

12. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

Scott,

Tone was wacky but your playing was tremendous.

13. lhallam

lhallam Member

Great stuff gents.

Matte - Smokin! Great energy cool how it flows. Such nifty transitions, I think I hear a couple of Lark's Tongue voicings near the end.

Jim - love that hot summer lazy sound. Everytime I listen to your stuff, I want a mint julep.

Joe - now I'm sure you have enough material for a CD, compile it and I'll buy one.

Scott - just what I suspected, you've always been a hot player.

AndyZ - cool Hocus Pocus stuff, not too many bands have tried that one. Where are these drummers now?

Rock Fella - I can hear the emotion

14. Unburst

Unburst Member

15. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

16. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

Thanks Rockafella... I threw in that tapping section in the break just to make sure ya knew it wasn't him. Hehe! That tune is from his last solo rock album before he really went into the blues stuff entitled After the War from 1989. That tune was sort of the precorsor to the blues tunes I think.

17. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

goin great guns so far guys, i commend you all for postin yer stuff, hopefully some more bruthas will join in here too.

18. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

I'll add another... Not quite as old. I guess around 1999. My buddies were the editors for Mission: Impossible 2 and were getting nothing but real crapola, no guitar stuff at all. SO they asked me to help them out in the editing process and make some wild stuff up using the theme. So I rounded up 2 great player buds; Session drum ace Mike Baird and bassist Harvey Lane at that time who was working with Ritchie Sambora on and off. So we went in one afternoon threw down these 3 tracks, added some shnizzle and turned em in. Well low and behold, these tracks changed the musical direction of the movie and were the temp tracks in some key scenes for months. They were in the movie right up to the last week of post production, but gspot and blister mixes eventually got replaced by the Limp Bizcuit and Metallica tunes. It was all politics at the point. They definitely aren't your parents Mission Impossible themes...

MI2-Gspot - Heavy rock mix

MI2-Blister - Satriani meets punk rock

MI2-Retro - Rockin but more old school in 5/4 like the original

19. garyrogue

garyrogue Gold Supporting Member

All of Ed's live stuff is, well--- drunken, just as this listener.