Let me see your rack!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by steve10358, Dec 26, 2005.

1. steve10358

steve10358 Supporting Member

Can you guys post pictures of your racks? I'd prefer to see pedal based racks for some ideas. Lets see 'em! I need ideas for the one I am building.

I wanna do my Chandler Delay, a shelf (GRX4, Tremelo, Phase 90, Proctavia and fuzz), another shelf (GRX, HS2 Head switcher, FM4) and side mount a Pedal Power two in the rack. Really, the PP2+ will handle everything- would it be wrong NOT to put a rack power supply in? Does it look wierd? Or is it a good way to save a space? THANKS!

I dunno if I need 6 or 8. And if my 6 is deep enough. I wanna see those racks!

S.

2. jeak

jeak Member

I don't know this guy, but he has quite the pedal-and-rack rig. Click here and then scroll down a ways. Perhaps an idea of what not to do. :)

3. jeak

jeak Member

Also, Scott Henderson has a cool rack with pedals. Check out his Xotic video demos here:

http://musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/robo.php

And if you can find pics of Josh Smith's rack, he has a cool one too. Try a search here on TGP.

4. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

you'd have to take me out to dinner first :Spank

5. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

6. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

My girlie pedal rack

[​IMG]

7. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

8. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

9. jeak

jeak Member

10. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

It's not super crazy or custom, but... I just changed out some pedals
    [​IMG]
    It used to look like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rack has a GCX, a furman Power conditioner, and a racklite mounted in the rear. Everything's real tight inside. The pedals ALL get power from a Pedal power unit. Power gets to the Strobo through a very long cable, and then the wah is chained to the strobo for power. I recently figured out that slots 5 or 6 will power my wireless, and I'm looking at tying that in on the pedal board. Talking to the pedalsnake folks to get rid of some spaghetti. The GCX gets power from the Pedal Power AC, as does the V-twin. The Mesa power supply was awkward, and very noisy. The CFX-4 awitches channels on the V-twin, and switches power tubes and cabs on my Dual Stage 30.

I have the tuner in buffer mode, and it gets signal from the tuner out of the volume pedal, so I have to kick the volume pedal back for silent tuning. If I want to use an acoustic, I can use the same cable, just rock the volume pedal back, and put the tuner's XLR out to the board.
    From the wah, I go straight into the first "in" on the GCX, and after the last loop, I go straight out to the amps lo gain input. The line6 units are in the FX loop.

I dig the Ground Control pro, but must admit I'd like more instant access buttons. Jonesing for an FX1.

I got some really short power cables for the Pedal power units and the line6 boxes to make a little room in there. Thinking about moving the pedal powers to the front, and velcroing them under the Echo pro.

I coil up the cables and set them inside the rack for transport, and the pedal board and ground control fit in one of those Musicians friend gig bags rather well.

11. jaymeister

jaymeister Supporting Member

12. steve10358

steve10358 Supporting Member

AWESOME! Thanks guys.

And yes I know Mario. i drove him to the ACC last year for the VH show. :) His stuff rules. I have his BS2 and HS2.

And I love HRI.

Thanks guys!!!

13. matte

matte Senior Member

14. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Damn, I'd love to find a working ADA flanger. Those were the best, especially with the ability to "freeze" the tone at one setting. It's the only piece of gear I've ever wanted that I couldn't find...although I'm not much of a pedal stomper...I've got a fairly usable pedal board.

Matte, you got any connections on getting one of those ADA Flangers somewhere?

15. matte

matte Senior Member

I might be able to hook you up. The Voltage control aspect of the pedal is my fave. Mister Tarnowsky turned me on to a lot of hidden settings. It's an amazing filter.

16. Luke V

Luke V Member

Darn, :mad: aren't there any chicks on this forum? :p

17. Unburst

Unburst Member

+1000

In the last part of the heel down travel it has some great vowel-type filter sounds.

My fave is a lap steel with e-bow and the A-DA in that range.