Lets hear it for the ladies!!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by theflyingturtle, Dec 25, 2009.

1. theflyingturtle

theflyingturtle Member

My wife is one of those bored-looking out of place ladies that you see wandering around Guitar Center checking her watch. But one time she grabbed a magazine and read an article about how SRV's wife bought him the "Lenny" guitar. Being a dear person she got it into her head that she would do the same and after several months of searching she bought me the J45 you see below for my 40th birthday! I cherish it for being the guitar it is but also for the intention she had behind giving the gift. So, while they can drive us crazy they do put up with a lot from us so TGPers let's see them. Show off the guitars your wife got you as a present!
    [​IMG]

2. Tadams

Tadams Silver Supporting Member

Great story, congrats!

3. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Great story.
    Great guitar.
    CONGRATS

4. puckhead

puckhead Member

my wife didn't do much research. :nuts
    I don't even like KISS all that much.

[​IMG]

Oh well, the thought was nice.

5. bluegrif

bluegrif Member

My wife bought two of my favorites as gifts, but they both had a lot of input from me. The first was my 51 Epiphone. A great, great guitar. We were at a little guitar shop that mostly specializes in acoustic guitars, but always has a few electrics and some vintage pieces. I was smitten by two guitars that day, a brand new steel-bodied National and the Epiphone. She asked in an offhand way which I would choose if I could only have one. It was a tough choice but I said the Epiphone because I knew it'd be much harder to find another one just like it and the new National could be found any time. I didn't give it another thought then my birthday came around and she brought out the 51 in it's big old original Lifton case. Too cool. I still play that guitar almost daily. Though I rarely take it to a gig. And never on the road.

The other was a 50th birthday present. A few years after the Epiphone. I just said I'd like to have a nice Tele and showed her a Fender catalog with all the models I liked circled. She picked out a 52 RI and took it to the luthier that's done all my work for years to have him check it out. He gave her the thumbs up and so did I. One of the only new Fenders I've ever owned that didn't need any fret work. Sweet guitar. Light, resonant. Pretty much exactly what you want in a traditional Tele.

6. markw1980

markw1980 Supporting Member

You guys have awesome wives! Mine has been incredibly supportive of my habit, but has not even purchased a guitar for me. She did, however, buy a cool Bullet Cable for me. Oh, and an Electro Harmonix Memory Toy. I guess she is awesome, too!

7. DrumBob

DrumBob Gold Supporting Member

My wife hasn't bought me a guitar, but she did buy me a handmade Appalachian dulcimer one year that is a joy to play.

8. toddinjax@yahoo

toddinjax@yahoo Senior Member

Last Christmas my wife SHOCKED me with a Budda sd18. She'd called my best friend for advise, didn't give a **** what it cost....

9. ReginaldBisquet

ReginaldBisquet Member

My wife gave me this guitar for my birthday this year. Actually, she and several of my friends chipped in for the purchase:

[​IMG]

Man... I'm loved!

10. FractalGarden

FractalGarden Member

11. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

12. theflyingturtle

theflyingturtle Member

Oh my.... Yum!

13. Last

Last Member

14. Kaka's

Kaka's Member

15. Jimi D

Jimi D Member

My wife bought me a Mesa Mark V head for Christmas this year after seeing me drooling over the Youtube videos the last couple months... Caught me totally by surprise and just blew me away! :love:

16. RRfireblade

RRfireblade Member

Does it count if she doesn't know she got it for me ? :)