lets hear some steve forbert love!

LarryR

Silver Supporting Member
Well 1979 CBS Convention in Dallas. Fancy hotel. We're up in Steve's room and he's on the phone with his dad he's very excited about being one of their new artists. I was a few sheets to the wind and got on the extension in the bathroom and started carrying on hooting and hollering and cursing. Didn't sit too well with the boss. Got to keep my job though. Steve was great. Super nice guy and gave it his all every show.

Last edited:

jnovac1

Silver Supporting Member
been doin some of his tunes, stand back baby, romeo, isnt gonna be that way, and i love to do shaky ground, great tune.

Last edited:

loudboy

He had some good stuff, solid act.

My one big memory is when he opened for The Kinks, and was really given a hard time, unjustifiably IMHO.

At one point, he was doing a ballad and all I remember was a sea of middle fingers and booing. Then, they were finishing up and someone drenched the bass player with a full beer.

I felt really bad for them.

spence

Silver Supporting Member
We covered a song by him clear back in 1982. Even today, it seems like he's just as unknown as he was back then. I guess not all cream rises to the top.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
He was the first guy I heard about who suffered a "frozen" recording contract, where the record company exercises some clause that "stops the clock" to prevent the artist from running the clock down and getting out of a deal.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom